Monday, May 01, 2006

It’s MAY DAY!!!! Now time can slow down….

I threw another great GS event all by my lonesome. Saturday we spent the afternoon swimming with my brownies. What a fun time, after I served healthy snack and entertained with a little balloon twisting. Now I remember why I do not entertain anymore…I felt violated as 19 kids “plucked” the balloons out of my belt, as they yelled at me “NO I want blue!!!!”, as they demanded MORE MORE MORE!!! Nope I am a sculpture not an entertainer!

Yesterday I went out to finish the cleaning up dehydrated poop soup… as I worked I felt the temperature drop and then snow!!! As, I watched the snow come down, I was hoping I could put off raking for another day…but no such luck. As quick as the temperature dropped, it rose again. In a total of 15 minutes the temp went from 42 to 32….snowed … then popped right back up to 40 and sun. It must have been a little ‘ol lonely SNOW cloud.

I need to find the materials for the roof of the Pantheon. The materials we are using are not working out. With the rising frustration, the construction crew is loosing motivation and Friday is our deadline!! So today, I am off to Home Depot. It may take me all day because I refuse to talk to the idiots in the orange.

PS …JD is going to take the week before Memorial Day off work. He never takes a day off let alone a WEEK! YEAH!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Good luck at Home Depot! Hope you do not need any nails for your project! There was no snow on the Kenai yesterday, just beautiful sunshine and temps in the fifties - that is warm isn't it? After our winter, it felt warm. That is great about John taking a week off before Memorial Day weekend, does that mean you are also coming down early? That would be great! If that is the case, the Activity Director had best re-arrange the activity schedule! Now I have to bite! What is the Pantheon that you are building?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow we will all be one big happy family for a week...think we can get along that long??? Sorry the pantheon is not coming along as planned I hope this works out for you with or without the help of the guys in orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great he's taking a whole week off. You guys are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we are talkin a whole week off. I was planning on coming down early, anyway ...and now john will be joining us. So reschedule your agenda!!!

    The Pantheon is a building in rome... it was once a Pegan church ...but the catholics took it over and now it is a tomb... Tay. is working on a science/social studies project. They must build a model of thier choosen building TO SCALE. Ours ithe the Pantheon... thankfully she switched from the Epcot Center.

    As i ound teh materials for Tay's building ... I also found materials for Byrd's bus....This will be a fun week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah and now rose needs a surf board!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I just sent a Suberu south with a nine foot board strapped to the top...wish my camera worked it looked like the Suberu took a wave and lost it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I new what the Pantheon was, been there but I did not realize that it was a school project. I thought you might be building a lawn project, a gazebo or something similar and was going to offer my assitance and carpentry skills - but I do not do gluing or small scales, give me a 2x6 and some nails! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother and I(?) will be coming to Anchorage on 5/17 and 5/18 - even thought we will have to drive to Homer to get to Anchorage! If any of you have stuff that you need hauled down to AP from LA, the big Ford will be making the trip and we all know how much a Ford can haul. I figure by packing them right, I can haul 31 ice coolers, that should be enough room for Homer's and Sir John's beer! I could be just like the Budweiser Truck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep that in mind ... do you haul Barley's also?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your missing toooooo.....

    ReplyDelete