Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yes I Own A Muumuu

Tonight was a little crazy with the schedule… Rose had to attend a Girl Scout meeting, Byrd had AWANAs, andTay was babysitting, with track practice before all that. Things were crazy this afternoon. After Girl Scouts, around 8:30, I went to pick Byrd up I realized that it was Hawaiian night at AWANAs and I forgot to find my Muumuu for her (yes I own a Muumuu). While looking for my child that I had not seen all night; I chatted with a fellow Girl Scout/ AWANA/ School mom. She always has my back, stepping up. helping out, trading kids.

When I finally found Byrd, I also found that my friend bailed me out again. She had brought an extra Lei for Byrd. Byrd was in her usually stained t-shirt that is two times to large, but now she was decorated with a lovely lea. I wasn’t such a failure in the eyes of the “church”; I don’t need those weekly reminder phone calls.

But then I got a closer look at Byrds lei… Well, I was shocked, flabbergasted, I didn’t know what to do or say. As I stood there fighting the urge to run from the church screaming she's not mine, I came up with an idea. I will make Byrd return the lei in hearing distance of other adults and I will do this VERRY LOUDLY.... why??? Cause ... DUDE, I swear its not mine...

Returning it did not work (but several ladies did over hear our conversation) it was a gift from her daughter to mine. Now, tonight, I will lay awake trying to figure out how to loose it with out getting caught.

12 comments:

  1. nice lei, big leaves on that one, what kind of lowers are those? lol love ya, hang in there there will be lots of embarresing moments to come im sure, for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will dispose of it properly for you sister dear...it is a beautiful lei and should be hung to dry...then displayed for all to see in your living room with the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, is that what I think it is on my grand daughter? I am going to have to think this one over priot to commenting - where was I last night, I missed eveything! My grand son gets his car taken away for no insurance yet my granddaughter shows up in public with a "lei" of suspicious origin - I am not sure that ole grandpa is not being played with on this one - it could not happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although, I am still skeptical that we are being toyed with, I did check out this picture. It is dated 4/25/06 with a source of Hyper Text Transfer Protocal, created on 4/26 and modified on 4/26 containing 67,656 bytes. It does appear to be authentic and not a duplicate or download. If indeed this is factual, my little granddaughter could have been arrested for possession - now how is that going to look in any future scholarships? Heidi, regardless of the validity of this picture, you have justly earned a spot in the annual Christmas letter. This is to good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I caught it first and not the law. If we can keep this between you, me, and the internet ...hopefully the law will never find out...so,it will not effect her scholorships or future job offers(although she may never be let into another church). We will keep a close eye on her to make sure her rehab goes smoothly.

    PS Anyone want to buy 1/2 oz of Lei?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this about the age that I caught, (never did find out the guilty one)you kids smuggling leaves wrapped up in aluminum foil into the camper while we were camping at Anchor River. As the old saying goes, "The acorn does not fall far from the tree".

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was NOT my lei or my pooshki wraped in foil!!!

    I did not tell my friend what it the fake foilage was... nor do I think she knew. As i figure out how to handle this...please pass this information around carfully ... Byrd is very honest...she will tell...I don't want to cause this other mom any rumors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol my family is nuts!!! oh wait a minute...how come is it any of you actually know what this "leaf" is. My kids just informed me...I thought it was some tropical plant from hawaii, I am appauled at you all...what would Grandma say????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawaii and Alaska have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to point out that my husband has visited everyones site but mine...maybe he is afraid to read what I print about hime huh???

    ReplyDelete
  11. just going down the list...see nothing new here

    ReplyDelete