Saturday, March 31, 2007

With different things going on in life we decided it was time to put style and class aside and trade it in for something more practical. Yes, last Tuesday night JD traded my pretty white Chevy for a Granny Vanny, we are not talking mini-van but a top of the line Granny Vanny. Something a Grandma would haul all her lady friends around in.
We got a lower then optimal trade in on the truck, "they are dime a dozen" "hard to sell", it broke my heart to see it go. The Vanny needed some work, so we kept the truck all week. Friday, when we were supposed to pick up the Vanny, the sales dude called and said it wasn't ready. But he needed a favor, he had a guy wanting my truck but the Vanny wasn't ready. So they brought us over a lunch box (my suggestion, do not purchase, I was not impressed). Anyway the Vanny was brought home today, but I have to wait for the check I am owed for the rental of my truck, it made up for the bad trade in deal.

While we had our lunch box, he went and played in Eagle River. Taylor had a Science Olympiad meet at the high school out there. She did great and aced her competition, in ecology, but did not get a medal. Her team though brought home bronze and 15 of them will be headed to nationals. The younger girls and I tried to find a place to eat, but gave up after we ended up at Central's Shop (Valette there are some great rust shot out there), so we ended up eating at Denny's in the big city. My meal was especially interesting, it must be a new menu item, Runny French Toast, it will be while before I go there again.

I needed to feel spring, so after Breakfast the two younger girls and I went to the Russian Jack Green House. There where so many interesting things to see. Like this, I think I finally figured out where Crunch Berries come from...... I will go back when I am alone and get a cutting.

The bears feel the urge to see spring, also, we met this one... ...I wish he would come home with me.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great ride, should be comfortable for all of you. To make your trek south, may want to consider a smaller trailer, I know how much "stuff" you guys travel with. You can always tie the "dunnage material" to the roof of the van. Whenthe time comes, I am sure we will figure out a way to get the stuff down here, yur mother seems to enjoy that trip and with by FGord - I can haul a big payload! Will we be able to take the van onto the beach? Power sliding doors will be great for loading gravel as well as fish. A point no one bnut liley picked up on - are you suggesting that you are going back to the greenhouse and "sneak a clipping" from the crucn berry tree? I am gonna tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny Vanny...how funny. What kind truck was your old Chevy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Chrystler!! Trader, how could you...LOL oh boy I hope you like it...and its good to you What year is it? should be good on gas than the truck though huh, is it a v6 or what...tell me more

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had to trade in your purdy white chevy. We HATED having to trade ours in (funny how we get attached to things that don't really matter). But what must be done,, must be done. Congrats on the van though, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "granny vanny" has a 3.8 V6. It's true - we traded her "dream, white, extended cab, 1/2 ton, silverado" for a mini van...I am SO in the doghouse with this....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the power doors...one click and they are open...another and they close. Now if I could just get the dang thing to break down the wheelchair and load it.

    ReplyDelete