Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dismissed

Now that they dismissed me from my audition and I am allowed to, I Googled the case. It is totally a Cold Case situation. Totally Prime Time Stuff… sex, lies, betrayal, money, and murder. Part of me is disappointed, how exciting to see the process and to see the evidence, to be part of a case that is receiving national attention. Yet sending a man to jail is a big burden to bear, would I be able to form an opinion objectively? And not cave if my peers disagreed? In that aspect, I am relieved.

While sitting and waiting and getting to know the others, we all knew a little about the case, we found ourselves thinking from the attorneys point of view. We found we all had our ideas of who would be picked. A little too late for us to do it, so we didn’t, we came up the idea of getting some bets going. Everyone throws in a buck or two and pick their favorite twelve, the person with the most picks making it to the jury box gets the money. Out of 63 picks, no contact with half of those, I got 5 of the 12. My favorite for jury foreman, walked right at the end.

You know for the fist time in, to many years to count, I am NOT going to be filling my truck with cookies, I am not stressing about sales, I am totally confidant in the parents handling that situation, I am FREE of cookie anxiety!!!! Anyone want to buy some?

Its been a crazy week, my mind is frazzled, you would think it was still a full moon by the tears, laughter, bitching, picking, and the owiies that came home from school. ACK....I am looking forward to a day of catching up from the last week.

9 comments:

  1. Are you now excused for the remainder of the month? We are a little slower down here, we call in once a week. They had a trail down here once. Chance of selection in LA is much greater, based on your crime rate. We had a speeder go through town last week. It developed into a "high speed" chase, Park Ranger siad it got up to speeds of 25 mph. No loading the Chevy with cookies this year! That is a big disappointment, we had so much fun with that last year. I need cookies but I do not want them shipped UPS or Fedex! Save me out about a dozen boxes, I think we have a messenger coming down soon. They will make good lunches in the event we have to open up the little school house at HITWRA. We ended up with about a foot of fresh snow on this last storm. Hopefully it is the last shot of the season - but I doubt it. Four wheel drive and chained up all the way around may be in order come Memorial Week - sure glad the Eagle Nest is high and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't lie, Homer has no trials cause everyone is related and you cannot find an impartial jury.
    I am dismissed we only have to serve one week, but they probably filled 5 jury boxes.
    I ordered 35 extra boxes...so I will sell you some. But if you feed the Suck House students only cookies...I won't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so the Duck House is "Suck House", well I am sorry you don't like it! You can use the bushes from now on!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is clearly a typo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could that be "clearly a typo", you even took time to capitalize it! The S key is a long ways from the D Key - made you look, made you look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang , you are good, I looked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Heidi! THe Girl Scout cookies will sell themselves!

    Sorry you got dismissed. It would have been interesting, huh? What trial is it or can't you tell us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh the stripper. That would have been an interesting case but it could have kept you detained all summer.

    ReplyDelete