Thursday, March 29, 2007

Proud Parent

As the proud parent I am, I have to announce the birth of our first son Stone. You can call him "Spike", just not around me. It was a quick labor of 7 hours, feeling some of contractions 24 hours earlier. It was a lot like my first birthing experience rushing to the ER not knowing what was going on, thinking "oh shit they better not give me an enema". After a CAT scan, I found that I would soon be birthing a 4mm Stone out of my petite 3mm Ureter. I was sent home with my buddy Morphine to birth this thing and I have survived. The good thing about this kind of birthing is, I don't have to feed it for 18 years.


8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I am a Grand Pa again - and I did not even know you were expecting! "Stone" is a cute name, can I call him "Rocky" for short. Rocky Balboa was always my favorite boxer, in fact I just saw his latest movie, "Rocky Balboa". You know you can save those things and make jewlery out of them. If you paint them pink, they are also good to fish for Rainbow and Steelhead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had one too??? Man, your the third person I've heard of getting those in the last few months. Are you drinking enough water?

    I hope your feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COngratulations!LOL! Gosh I bet that was an experience. And Im sure you never wnat to have one of them again...I hope your feeling alright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is useless without pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is funny, in six words Valette made a me laugh to myself - wish some of that sense of humor would rub off on her brother the Plumma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I would spare you all and not post any pictures...I thought about it but I didn't catch it! Valette next one I will let you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Heidi how painful. I thought that was what I had a few weeks ago but it turned out to be sacroiliitis which is worse because its there to stay.

    I'm glad you are feeling better and have a sense of humor about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her sense of humor was greatly lacking when I took Tudor to get to Regional Hospital, nor was it there when the lady handed her the paperwork...she did smile when the nurse gave her a shot of morphing...in fact the oh...oooh....OOOOh could be hear every where..."this is good" so that was the end of the bitchies...little spike woulda been so cute...

    ReplyDelete