Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Public Service Anouncement

The Christmas Candy Administration (CCA) is warning the gifted not to eat JD Plummer’s Peanut Butter Balls due to risk of contamination with Salmonella Tennessee (a bacterium that causes foodborne illness). The affected JD Plummer’s PB Balls contained Great Value peanut butter that may have had a product code located on the lid of the jar that begins with the number "2111."

If consumers have any of JD Plummer’s PB Balls in their home that has been gifted to them since November 2006, they should discard it.

Symptoms of this food borne illness caused by Salmonella include fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. In persons with poor underlying health or weakened immune systems, Salmonella can invade the bloodstream and cause life-threatening infections. Individuals who have recently eaten Peter Pan and Great Value brand peanut butter beginning with product code 2111 and have experienced any of these symptoms should contact their doctor or health care provider immediately. Any such illnesses should be reported to state or local health authorities .

No Really…no Prattleif it were the lotto we would be rich, I picked the winning numbers. I bought two jars of chunky and one creamy, right after thanksgiving. The JD’s peanut butter balls were made with the creamy and we ate one of the jars of chunky, today I pulled this out of the cupboard, unopened.

Someone had to have been sick around Christmas....Who had the diarrhea and do you think we have a case? If not we may have one late May early June.

11 comments:

  1. Anyone that still has peanut butter balls in their home from Christmas deserves salmonella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Valette - however, I did consume a vast quanitity of these balls during Christmas at your house, since I was not gifted any. Since the 1st of the year, I have not been feeling up to par and have caught every little cold going around, I feel weak, my eyesight has diminished and I can't hear! Age has nothing to do with it! Having devoured 36 boxes of Cherry Chocolates had nothing to do with it! Speaking of that, Save U More just got a shipment of the cordials in, discovered a new recipe, leave them in the truck overnight and let them freeze, they are so good if you hold them in your mouth for 18 minutes and let them melt without chewing on them. Did you know if you microwave a frozen chocolate cherry, the center will thaw out before the chocolate covering melts - why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, GREAT! Now everyone knows I've been using cheap ingredients to make high-dollar goods! The price just went up for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you sound like Taylor...its really Peter Pan, just in different packaging... Geesh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was one of those high cost imported peanut butters! I did not realize that I was eating a second's! Got any of those left, send them on down - I love living on the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIT YER SALMONELLA HERE AT A REDUCED PRICE!
    I'll save a PBJ for ya', Stanley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After consuming many of those balls...if ya dip them in the fondu fountain Donny gave ya...they were heaven...I blamed the bowel distress on eating fifteen pounds of candy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 15 lbs of candy hides a multitude of ailments, no? Also flushes the system.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good Heidi, I appreciate your effort, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are you talking about???

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new project you are working on!

    ReplyDelete