Okay you BEARS out there….how about a new look? Maybe something like....
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
So Valette tagged me, I feel sooooo loved….she must have known about my issue finding content for this thing…..
I WANT: A vacation…OUT OF STATE… with no kids!
I WISH: for financial independence.
I HATE: Such a strong word….but Physical Terrorists.
I MISS: Bottles and Diapers….and Control…why’d they grow up?
I FEAR: Loosing a child.
I HEAR: Kids getting ready for school.
I WONDER: Will I keep my sanity through puberty?
I REGRET: Not partying my 20’s away.
I AM NOT: A FREE Girl Scout babysitter … I am a leader, step up and HELP OUT!!!
I DANCE: Alone…where nobody can see.
I SING: Whenever I feel like…watch out I am tone deaf.
I CRY: In the bathroom…alone.
I AM NOT ALWAYS: On top of my game…but I try.
I MADE: My bed....Did you?
I WRITE: Everything on the computer.
I CONFUSE: Easily
I NEED: A life!
I SHOULD: Quit smoking.
I START: The day with reading Blogs with my morning coffee.
I FINISH: The day with CHOCOLATE and Blogs
I TAG: Everyone who reads this!!!! That means you have to answer all those questions on your Blog….Get busy!!!
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
I am sorry I have not been around….in fact I haven’t even read blogs for a few days, I am glad you all stuck around without me. Between all the extra curricular activities we have been doing I just can’t keep up with everything … like Greys Anatomy…did you see it last night? It was AWSOME!!!
The Talent Show, Friday was a hit!!! The girls found the true meaning of the “Show must go on.” Byrd’s partner for the talent show was puking back stage before the evening show. They bumped their skit ahead in the program to take advantage of the break in HARFING. They made it through, with no barf, and the crowd loved it.
I went to see “Hoot” with the Junior Girl Scout on Saturday. I HATED sitting in the dark while LA was enjoying the heat! “Hoot” was good but don’t waste your money seeing at the theater…..and it made me enjoy the afternoon sunshine, all the more. I made time for the first bike ride of the year with Byrd and Rose (who did not enjoy it). .. and LooLoo’s birthday was a blast it was nice to see some of the Wasilla crowd. I had a good Mothers Day, I got some work out of a few kids. I tried to call you Mom, TWICE but the phone was busy. You guys need call waiting and voice mail!
First of all … the Physical Terrorist….Oh how they rub me wrong…I hate meeting new PT’s….this PT we will just call her MARY (every bad PT, is named Mary), came into the exam room first. She asked us questions about
Secondly…Last time we saw Shriners (2000), we were asked about joining their Gait Clinic and possibly using Botox in her treatment.
So in conclusion of this outreach clinic… we are still waiting… waiting for a phone call to tell us when we will fly south to participate in their Gate Clinic…. because she currently isn’t walking she is now a prime test subject for their Motion Analysis. The way I see it we should have done this study 6 years ago when she still had a GAIT!
Anyway, this will be a 24 hour red-eye trip for a 4 hour test…to tell us that we need to wait… until they have room in their schedule to do a surgery that four doctors have already recommended ….I HATE this waiting game… But don’t get this rant wrong…..I am thankful they want to test before they cut…and I am thankful for what Shinners does, it is just a frustrating system to navigate through.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Tuesday night was “SONIC BOOM”…all of Anchorages 6th grade band and orchestra students gathered at the Sullivan arena. It was as if Metallica was playing, the place was packed and they rocked!! Just like the BIG concerts the APD was there directing traffic. Which was backed up for blocks at every entrance.
The girls have had the stomach flue … first one then another today it was Byrds turn. So she stayed home. I was a special day at school so I brought her to school a half an hour before school got out.
All year long Byrds class sold lemon aide during lunch. They raised over $700, that folks is a lot of lemon aide… Today was the finale to that fund raiser, a memorial for their classmate Chelsea. A little quiet corner behind the school was dedicated to
After all that I was thankful I could hang out and watch my girls do dress rehearsals for the Talent Show….even though I will end up seeing it three times and the fact that some kids should not sing! … but …of course my girls did GREAT!
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Anna twisted most of the tree... but we all spent some time debating the design and I inflated most of the balloons....I think.. it was around 600 balloons...correct me if I am wrong ladies....
John and I spent a Saturday designing the snowmachine. I made John draw me a snowmachine from all angles and I proceed to twist it up.
This is the second Moose...I am sure you have all seen him somewhere...he is famous. I liked the first one better, but I could not find the pictures. I really want the picture of his head hanging like a mount on my wall....Sister...Anna???
HELP HELP HELP….. I am having designers block. I just can’t seem to find the right layout for Golden Grammy’s blog. I pictured a pimped out site, flashing gold and glitter, a Grammy award…. but I am not sure it fits. I need some input or graphics. At first, the name was perfect, now I am not so sure… I tried to switch it to Golden Granny but she’s not your everyday granny. She is truly golden but when I see GRANNY… I see grandma…
see mom …I am also a wishy washy woman also…. Someone make a decision. PLEASE!!!
It’s like back in kindergarten and you draw another picture of a flower, they all tell you “It’s very pretty” but you know they really truly hate it and it just scribbles.
Middle aged WMF seeking Blog name/Title. Just starting journey into retirement. 5’1” athletic, clean, honest, and frugal…. loves wine, popcorn, veggies, walking, reading, grand babies, and keeping busy.
Looking for something along the lines of….
Minute Musings from Mom
Little Red Roadrunner
Wine-ings of Wonder Woman
Minute Musings from the Mediator
Wandering Wonders of my World
It’s after ten, what are my children doing?
On my walk today….
Natterings from the Nest
Mexican Mama’s Musings
Fish Taxi's imput... (thanks fishtaxi... I know you care about me and my stress).Ckickadees Chuckling Changes
Diary of an Eagle Squad Leader
Pretending To Work
the Sassy Shoes News
Fill Dirt Wanted
I Could Go On and On...
BEACH ROAD RUNNER
Dad... Mama Cat...but she's an eagle!!!
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Saturday, May 06, 2006
Two truck loads of garbage … that is just what we hauled from the inside corner of Tudor and Muldoon. Rose, Byrd, and I worked for 4 hours collecting trash today for city clean up day. We are hoping for Roses name to be drawn, they are raffling off a shiny green bicycle, but if not we know we worked hard, got a job done, and improved the place that we live.
My yards are not completely done yet, but the last of the snow melted today. I had a house guest a few weeks ago tell me I was ready for all holidays….Today I took the Christmas lights off the tree (because they were falling off), but could not bring my self to taking down the Easter Bunny wind sock, the spooky eyes on my spruce trees or the scarecrow off the front porch. I guess I just love the holidays.
This evening we lit a nice fire and 6 adults over and 25 kids… we had our first backyard hot dog roast, with all the fixings …. MARSHMELLOWS!!
I have to say this hoping she won’t be mad…. So shhh….
Last week all three girls tried out for the talents show…
I have to welcome the Da Bears to our Blogger world. I am so excited to hear what is going on in their den.
Thursday, May 04, 2006
I found this on-line, I picked the ones that were new to me…
- Twist ties can be used to hold up another tarp from your dining fly to form a wind screen. Maybe not on Anchor Point beach…but it may save some of lines from being cut up by the men
- A small automotive water hose clamp can be used as a stop for your dining fly's upright poles. THIS IS A MUST!!! That stick last year KONKED to many kids.
- Put matches in corrugated cardboard strips (about every other hole) and dip into paraffin for fire starters. Cut off what you need to start a fire. Everyone ate all my Fritos last year. Its time for a non-edible fire starter.
- Use a cookie tin as a dutch oven … I have tons of these..I know we all just got dutch ovens… but we can cook corn bread AND camp stew AND Sticky Buns)
- Make a camp washing machine from a five gallon bucket and a toilet plunger. This is for Noe … I hope it will help this year …but, hopefully we won’t have any kittens to pee on you or your down sleeping bag.
- Laundry lint makes good tinder. Noe we need to figure out a lint trap for your new washer.
- Cover the ice in a picnic cooler with foil to help it last longer…. But that means less water for recycling...to the dog dishes…then Dad’s coffee.
- To prevent night accidents in camp, use phosphorescent paint to mark the edges of latrines, the top of corner pegs of tents, etc. … with as much beer the
Bull drinks we may want to mark walkways and the TOILET SEAT. Buffalo
- Kitchen foil can add extra warmth to your boots. Trace each foot on a piece of foil and add a 5 cm border. Place the foil inside your boots, shiny side up so you benefit from radiant heat…. Just don’t wear them by the fire!!
- To keep mosquitoes away rub the inside of an orange peel on face, arms and legs. … Fabric Softener (Bounce is my favorite) sheets also work well!!
- Discarded roll on deodorant bottles make an excellent insect repellent applicator because it enables you to keep 'bug dope' off your hands and out of your eyes. Snap off the plastic top or snap out the ball, rinse out the bottle and refill with your favorite liquid repellant. …Ever heard of a Mexican bath….this is the Alaskan version.
- Keep your toilet roll dry by packing it in a coffee tine with a snap-on lid… save those zip lock bags for pancake batter.
- Certain fibers can be damaged by insect repellants. Don't apply repellants to spandex (from which bathing suits are made), rayon, or Dynel fabrics. Tent fabrics, plastic and painted surfaces also can be damaged by insect repellents. … Aerosol sprays take away water proofing!
- Did you know that the egg whites left in empty egg shells makes good glue? Use it for scrapbooks, etc. … I see an all natural art project … wonder if it will work on the rock dudes the kids always make.
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
…I found that June 24th is a special holiday. It’s St
Monday, May 01, 2006
I threw another great GS event all by my lonesome. Saturday we spent the afternoon swimming with my brownies. What a fun time, after I served healthy snack and entertained with a little balloon twisting. Now I remember why I do not entertain anymore…I felt violated as 19 kids “plucked” the balloons out of my belt, as they yelled at me “NO I want blue!!!!”, as they demanded MORE MORE MORE!!! Nope I am a sculpture not an entertainer!
Yesterday I went out to finish the cleaning up dehydrated poop soup… as I worked I felt the temperature drop and then snow!!! As, I watched the snow come down, I was hoping I could put off raking for another day…but no such luck. As quick as the temperature dropped, it rose again. In a total of 15 minutes the temp went from 42 to 32….snowed … then popped right back up to 40 and sun. It must have been a little ‘ol lonely SNOW cloud.
I need to find the materials for the roof of the Pantheon. The materials we are using are not working out. With the rising frustration, the construction crew is loosing motivation and Friday is our deadline!! So today, I am off to Home Depot. It may take me all day because I refuse to talk to the idiots in the orange.
PS …JD is going to take the week before Memorial Day off work. He never takes a day off let alone a WEEK! YEAH!!!!