Monday, April 10, 2006

Poop Soup - It's really Spring!

As we were leaving my Grand Nieces Birthday 2nd Birthday party (yesterday); we almost ran over a red headed buffalo, or what I thought was a buffalo. You see the stars were not lined up, so it could have been anything.

Today, I sent the kids packing…..Tater can once again rolled to school. The sidewalks are iceless and I am a nervous wreck. The extra 15 minutes I have gained on my day will be stressing on whether thy made it or not, the stress will linger all day, unless I go check. The two way radio worked today, but cuts out a block from the school and when ever a car passes.

I got an ouch-y on the top of my big toe, it is not being nice. Byrd, asked to see how it was doing, she has been trained by her father how to treat all ouch-ies, infected ones being the most interesting. One look from her she knew the problem, “There’s a Hair in it!” ….Yes internet I have HAIRY TOES!

Rose is hitting that AGE….emotions running wild all weekend!!! We were just getting past this with Tater….not again, will it ever stop!!!

Friday night, JD let Tater and her friends walk to McDonalds for dinner, they were then going to the 7:35 movie. I was not at home at the time and when found out; I was not impressed with his decision. Around 9:00 we got a phone call that they were headed home, walking. They had just gotten out of the movies and noticed it was after nine, they were worried they were late. When they got home they were full of excuses for being late, Here’s my question…..the movie started at 7:35, the movie was 1 hour and 45 minutes long (plus previews), they called at 9:06 saying the movie was over and they were headed home…..who is teaching these kids math? Did they watch any part of the movie? The only answers they gave was “LOOK, here’s out ticket stubs!”….oh silly girls, if you only new!!! Oh yah….Sister…. the girl cousin they ran into there, she just disappeared….not to be found anywhere in the theater. I am now looking to hire a private investigator, to follow my kids!

It rained here….the poop soup is brewing, in my back yard. Maybe my girl scouts will take it on as a community service project….

9 comments:

  1. "Ticket stubs", just reinforces my concept that history has a way of repeating itself! I Love It! I have to wonder how many times that was pulled on your mother and I? By now, you should know that in certain areas, a wrist watch or any type of clock does not work, there is always that little zone called the "twilight zone" that things just do not work like they should. From the sideline, second guessing the quaterbacks - you guys are out numbered, the way I figure it there are four young ladies against four adults - doyou really stand a chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pertainign to your remarks about your soupy back yard, it will be a little more difficult for you but if you dig a trench to your neighbors fence, it will eventually drain into their yards. I have no problem, I trenched mine to the edge of the "pit", from there gravity takes over and it all flows right into the spot where Shana likes to camp! Should be good for her "flower" bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poop soup has not seemed to damage our lawn (once it soaks into the thawed earth). Must be good fertilizer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pertaining to Donny's comments: There is a reason that your yard is "poopier" than anyone else inthe neighborhood. The great mind that established the original "clans" had a vision pertaining to your particular family. It was namew the "Buffalo Clan", because it is well know the Buffalo is a very poor fisherman, in fac tthey don't even fish. The buffalo is also known to waunder aimlessly and "poop" abudently where ever they roam, that is why the praire grass grew so well, all that buffalo poop. So, keep an eye on your backyard, I am sure you will see a buffalo taking a dump! Don't blame the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad...it looks like my kids have already dug a ditch...right into the Poop-ier neighbors yard. Now there is back FLOW.
    But don't worry we won't drown, JD Plumma is gonna hook up a sump pump. Like the good girl scouts we are, it too shall be re-used.

    Can I interest you in some strong fertilizer? the Acid content is a little high...but, perfect for Tomato's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an appatizing breakfast conversation...as for the girls...now i know why my sister has more grey hair than I do...worry wart...as for the movie thing...I do believe Britt "disapears" on a regulaar basis...see pg 13 movies are not "cool" and she has a couple years till she can "legally" get into an R rated one...(what I dont know wont hurt me right?)...Some rules are meant to be broken...the stupid ones mind you...a parent should be allowed to "allow" their child to go see these movies...I am sorry but "the ice age" at 14 what a laugh...I would not have been caught dead near a pg movie at 14...Britt usually moves over to McDonalds if the movie gets borring....now let me let you in on a little something...you do not need to hirre a private investigator...you have a vehicle you know...now just use your brain and think like dad...kids leave for theater...car starts 5 min later...mom in car 7minutes later (it should not take more than 15 minutes to get to the theater from your house)...mom leaves her house...goes toward Norhtern lights (the kids will take 36 to the over pass)...mom pulls into McDonalds paraking lot 12 minutes later...now there are many places to park in this lot that a groupe of teen age girls will not notice you...but you will see all....NOW WAIT...be sure to take a good book and something to snack on...this little endevor done every three months or so...will allow you to not only "see" whats going on...but relive a little of your own child hood as you watch your little girl grow up...sneak out of the movie and group up in the parking lot to "gossip"...durring the warmer months the kids end up behind the theater jumping bikes and "hanging out"...I have watched them closely...some sneek off into the woods for a bit and return again...but not all of them...that kind of peer pressure seems a thing of the past...Now a warning of caution....DO NOT LET THEM CATCH YOU AT BEING SNEAKY!!! this will result in that poop soup of yours hitting the fan hard...the "you dont trust me" thing is absolutly horrible and they will never understand your whys....and it's not you but the others...well that will only make it WAY WORSE...suffice to say buck up little camper and when you notice she sneaks out of the "movie" to visit in the parking lot...well big deal...if you notice her going into the woods...well then I recommend waiting till she returns to know she is okay and heading home to "wait"...for her...if you address this issue in front of her "friends" well this will only result in a huge battle...that is almost garenteened to NOT have a winner.....I have read the Divici Code and several Harry Potter books in that parking lot...and with exception of a few "fights"...(stupid kids dont do that right either) that are quickly broken up by the four security guards hirred for Friday and Saturday nights...now quit panicking...these "fights" are usually "stutting peacock" style not deadly ones...with the exception of the one that the kid took four little girls hostage in the entry way of the theater...that one had a bad ending...So sister you would save alot off of hair dye IF you would just learn to "think like dad.".........I have some inner tubes and a raft if you need them to paddle your way through your poop soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thanks for the advice Bannana... but I think we have this problem under control. I am just amazed how these stags sneak up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, the smell of spring in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our poop soup has now sunk to lower levels. Barley walks through the 20 foot soggy spot lightly, still, and will not sit there, yet.

    ReplyDelete