Thursday, April 20, 2006

Just Howling...

We have gained another 4 square feet of un-frozen yard…. and I raked it! At least I am not as bad as sister. Who has shoveled all of the snow out of her yard and has already mowed it….AND she used to tease me for breaking up my “berm” (for those of you who don’t know it is kind of like a snow bank but ten times tougher).

I just got back from roller skating at a huge GS event. Rose and her troop had a blast. I had one 10 year old girl tell me the music was not age appropriate, especially for a Girl Scout event (GS rented the whole rink). I would have to agree…. Who can skate to “shake it like a belly dancer” …when I tried to shake it, well, lets just say, I didn’t look like no belly dancer… definably NOT age appropriate. What happened to Donna Summer’s...“Last Dance”? That’s what they played last time I was at Diamond Roller Rink (when I was their age).

This same ten year old, could not lace or UN-lace her own skate’s. See what I am working with… After, all the fun tonight, with 17 girls, the other leader and I have decided to write an extra line item in our Girl Scout Budget….. MARGARITA’S …. $200.00 should do!!

A huge relief…. Today, after I called her, one of my cookie moms FINALLY deposited the money into the bank. It was only $732.00 and 20 days late. Now I can pay myself back for all the badges I just bought. WHEW!!!!

I was talking about camping, tonight, did you know we only have…36 days till Memorial Day Weekend!! That’s only five more paydays, time to start stock piling the wine and beer …. And it’s NOT for the taste!

Here’s a scary thought….Tay just landed her first real babysitting job. She just turned legal babysitting age. This friend of mine has an almost five year old and she is laughing at me because I am nervous. I want Tay to watch her here at my house…. but I guess if she is comfortable, and Tay is comfortable….I’ll let Tay go alone… when she 50!!!!

I have been thinking about “Patriot Off’s” all day long ….I really want to collect 800 flags… to give as a “gift”….would he be mad? I see is a sign of support…but then again I am, mostly, a positive person.

4 comments:

  1. Well sister glad you are off the "blog" and "bon-bons"...sounds like you might be getting some excersise...lol you belly dancing????now thats funny...I dont care who you are. I have not darred walk into that roller rink for fear of feeling old...I got my first kiss there...my first "best friend fight" and most of all...some of my best childhood memories...that was our "Friday Night hang out place" infact since I was the only one in the groupe of friends I hung with that had a job and money...I usually bought...Hey sister...I should be mowing out back tommorrow IF it does not rain......I have NO MORE POOP SOUP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another new posting - wow, this is great. When you and your sister finish playing with your metropolitan size lawns, your mother could use a little help in clearing ours, I tried doing it with the snow plow, after taking out three spruce trees and part of the fence, she made me stop. The "campground" could also use a good de-icing! Thirty six days until Memorial Day weekend, let's see that means we have 29 days until the first weekend that the river is open to fish and 29 days until the working weekend to get the campground opened up - you know those big piles of firewood, the erection (shelter), trash can alaignment, raking, rock piling, gravel hauling, and lanscaping that you find each year on your arrival does not happen automatically each season. I just don't see how your mother is going to get it all done it time by herself - oh, I forgot we also need a excrement depository as soon as possible. I should have the multi-purpose building completed by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning on coming down the week before to help...I will bring Erics Propane "SPACE" heater...this should thaw out and dry the place up in about three hours...with all the sand we should not have to worry too much about fires....I will bring Heidis "rats" they are bread for digging...if we get the hole started so they can not get out (that should not take too much effort)they will do the rest. Proper Plannin' prevents *#@@ poor preformance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone must have taken the weekend off to thaw their yards.....hmmmmm...glad I did mine since it is raining!!!!!okay so it does look a little like snow....but it wont be much longer....wake up sister.....WAKE UP!!!

    ReplyDelete