Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Do you think someone is trying to erase us?

Maybe the internet can help me…Why is it when you get X-rays, the radiologist/lab keeps them? Wouldn’t it make sense to give them to the patient, seeing how they pay the premiums to the insurance company that is paying for it (if you are lucky). Also a patient is more like to hold on to them for longer then 6 years …and before a lab destroy them why not call the patient and see if they want them or need them.

Today I spent the day doing “those” thing no one wants to …

Car insurance quotes, - its time to renew the car insurance…You gotta’ shop around. It saved me $115.00.

Filing four months of paid bills and other garbage that I just can’t get rid of.

Scheduling a test drive at JR High.

Scheduling the truck to finished getting fixed- After two months the parts should be in, so I finally got around to calling, it needs to be fixed before Memorial Day WEEK. They lost all records of us being there, we are not in their system. They looked everywhere - Stupid people do I sound like a Rodney! I was told they would look into it and call me right back….I called at 10am.

Girl Scout Records, the end of the GS year is almost over. Time to catch up on records and buy awards (thanks for buying cookies now we can buy badges)

Fixing a credit card automatic bill pay- the company was using the only part of the account number, for their automatic withdrawal. My bank was going to charge me two bucks every time they have to fix it. So I called to fix it. Standard questions here, she even told me that because I was not the main signer I was not liable for the debt. Hmm that’s nice to know…..but after the security questions, they would not talk to me because the social I gave them (JD’s) did not match what they have on record. Well, I would have second guessed myself, but JD had to go through a Federal background check recently (insert funny story here, cause there is one) and could only find a minuscule corner of his SS card. His new card had just arrived in the mail and I had it right in front of me. They allowed me to fix the payment issue (they talk when taking my money) but would not discuss the social security problem. So, my husband has been using someone else SS (poor guy), or me seeing it is “I” that uses the card (I am not admitting anything). We did not mean to do this and will fix it, but the temptation….me not being liable for the debt…the debt not on JD’s social…..Go away bad Tinkerbelle.

And to fill it all out…the X-ray Scavenger Hunt – Tay is going to Bone Doctor tomorrow, we want him to look at her hips along with the knee issue. To do this he will need all of the past x-rays of her hips. Most of these are at one hospital here in town (the one with horrible parking), then some are at Shrinners in Oregon, and who knows where else there might be, I have really lost track.

I went for the old ones of her hips at the hospital and then to get the knee MRI’s (the ones the knee doc would not give back last week) halfway across town. The hospital doesn’t know if they have her hip ones…Their system shows every x-ray, dating from 1994 (birth) to 2000 (the last time we saw Shrinners), but they don’t believe they have them anymore. After so long they will destroy them, well this is fine if it is a broken arm, but when it is a life long disability. The old x-ray’s let us see how her hips are developing; a key part is looking at where she was and where she is now. We need those. I have some of Byrd’s x-ray’s (from when her hand had that lump, which is back) I have felt guilty for not returning them….NOT ANY MORE…lets see of the MRI’s make it back home.

So, do you think someone is trying to erase us?

10 comments:

  1. In regards to your truck it is not having balls that causes the issues with your truck. It is your words and how you speak to them. I have walked into several situations where I have had some guy at a shop try to treat me like an idiot (not to say that I know a lot). I would ust make sure to look them in the eye and specifically tell them what is wrong. I also tell them at that time I do not want any work done on the vehicle before I get a price quote. Sometimes buying your own parts through a friend who ha a discount really lowers the price, plus they have to call yo and discuss with you what is wrong. It keeps you in the know plus you can research if what they are saying really fits. Also remember do not curse the boobs though. There are so manyhtings we don't do because we do not have balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also when your father tells you what is wrong take and research the problem and learn as much as you can before yo take to the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see I am going to have to quit blogging, you guys tire me out just listening to your hectic lives - I forgot what it was like with little ones! I am so lucky!!!!! I also kept all my MRI's from my last fiasco at the doctors, figure I paid for them! As for getting cars fixed, I never take mine to the shop, not even to change the oil! I figure that oil is several thousnad years old, it should last longer than three years in my truck! I never give advice on what is wrong with vehicles, I think EH was talking about her father. The reason I do not is because I do not know nothing about them and I figure that is why one of my daughters married a mechanic! Oh, by the way I also have a plumbing problem I need some work on and my truck is awful dirty EH if you could take the time to give it a good clean up and I will find somethign for DH to do as well. I love this retirement thing, just sit around and delagate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of social security cards, a little side story. Your grandfather never had a ss card, when I was doing some research on his past, I found his name by remembering he worked on the railroad and had a railroad number. He never had a job where he had to use a SS card until he went to work for Shell Oil. they wanted his number, so he made one up and stayed with that number the remainder of his life. He recieved all of his benefits - sure hope the statue of limitatins has expired on his estate - oh, I forgot, there was no estate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn that thing about Grandpa is funny...shows how much times have changed....If I were to "make one up" it would probably beong to the President of the United States and I would spend life in prison for treason....erica girls do NOT have BALLS...I will not ever claim "estrogen" as "balls"...in fact I am insulted...ben at the auto shop ignore us for a reason...they are "strutting" their stuff...kind of like the male peacock. As for words and how youn speak I will agree there...Heidi go talk to them the day before you start you period...I garentee you wont have a problem with "no balls"...and as for the shop you went to...well they never did fix my tranny after I paid them 1800 dollars...nor do they now have record of the warrenty......yep they are trying to erase us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now as for T's MRI's...somewhere out there there is a national Data Base....I Garentee you that her MRI's are there...if they are not the National CP foundation is in trouble...see those MRI's are not yours...they are the governments...yes someone paid the tech to take them...yes someone paid the radiologist BIG bucks to read them...but...no one "buys" the films...these are considered "government property"...you may obtain copies of them...but not even the hospitol can "own" them. I learned in school that you should "purchase" a copie of all x-rays taken of you...and store them in a dark, cool, dry spot. Anyway...someone out there...has those MRI's...they could have been "purchased/borrowed" by a research institution for medical research...and there is a place that keeps all these on file...I think it is in arizona.......(so much for cool huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ya I tracked all mine to the "National Cancer Foundation" I also gave them permision to use my medical charts for research...In hopes to help someone else avoid the mistakes I made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erica....glad to see you learned how to look up my "links". Did you find my balls when you were there? oh - welli do not need them....i just need stupid people to call me back! I did tell them everything that was wrong, silly girl, did you forget who my father in-law is? I think some shop monkey needed my parts so he erases my case and billed my warrenty company.

    Shana - thanks for the x-ray tip...when i go pick them up today, if they don't have them, i will ask if they sent them somewhere else.
    Dad - funny about grandpa...wonder who's number he was using. I had a brother in-law that someone stole is Number and it took forever to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When considering SS numbers, keep in mind that this is something fairly new. You are growing up in an age os SS numbers but during dad's time very few numbers existed. Until the Navy converted over to the SS number system, we were assigned a military i.d. number, mine was 995-65-90. Now kids need a SS number at birth, I never got one until I was 18 - across the front of my SS card in big bold letters it says: FOR SOCIAL SECURITY PURPOSES - NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, so now when someone asks me for my number, I tell them that I cannot release that information based on instructions from the Social Security Administration. It never works, but it is fun messing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, that is bummer if they destroyed her xrays. Sue them to stop doing this any more. Maybe they are trying to erase you because they screwed up.

    ReplyDelete