Thursday, March 23, 2006

Raising Bargain Hunters

Spring shopping trip, and oh boy did we need a shopping trip, everyone is much happier now. Well maybe, not the man who works for it, but we really needed a girls day out. We had lunch and ice cream and a pretty laid back mom (for once). For my future reference, do not take everyone on that first shopping trip for a bra. As I was trying to fit one child, the rest of them were trying on bras…on their head, “look ma ear muffs”….”oh no wait” as she straps the DD under wire, form fitting cups that could fit two cantaloupes…around her butt…."its a butt warmer". Talk about booty.

Cantaloupes, now that reminds me of a story, of a young lad pretending to be a jet fighter, if only Uncle Bill had Dad’s bra collection instead of cantaloupe rinds from the garbage. On another note, I found my dark blue bra, the one I was assuming was stolen last Memorial Day weekend or was it 4th of July, its all still a haze. Anyway I found it, behind the filing cabinet in my laundry room; it did not end up in some perverts bra collection or a pawn in some horrible family prank.

Anyway back to bra’s…I mean shopping. W found bargains the perfect Alaskan spring garb, t shirts and sweaters, all on sale, but the best bargain was a $36 skirt for 3 bucks!!! (Still not better then my $60 jeans for $7.98) The skirt was orange but hey if she’ll wear it. I also found some cool stuff, most of it I put back when T Decided she wanted it. My girls and I are reaching that time, that time that I can start wearing their cloths. T is in juniors now; I love her sweatshirt collection and now her new t-shirt collection. My middle girl child just moved into a women’s shoe size, so soon, my shoe collection will double. Rose with those big feet, she will be a tall one, so just a few more years and I can wear her pants. I can’t wait….hee-hee….I know, “the borrowing” goes both ways, so don’t burst my bubble.

17 comments:

  1. I can now wear some of heathers t's. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could have joined you onthat "first" shopping trip, sounds as the otehr two girls had some very good concepts as to what bras aree really good for. I see hours of fun occurring this summer, I will bring my bra collection down to the "Hole in the Wall" so they can developed new concepts. I did not know you had lost a blue bra - surprised I did not get blamed for that as well! However, it does give a great idea! I am still giggling, about the bra ear muffs, a girl after my own heart. You bropught up the story aboyut Bill and the canteloupe rinds, someday, remind me to tell you the story about Bill and his scuba diving experience. Give those girls a hug from us, but it is still hard for me to comprehend that you have to buy all those girly things so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Money well spent if it keeps the boobs down for a few more years. I already said, "NO! You are not allowed to grow boobs!", but, who listens to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. John...your home will soon be overflowing in "boobies" my advice to you and Heidi to help save on the budget...Go through Dads bras and pick out the right sizes you want the girls to be...the "train them" to grow to the bra you should not have to buy bras for quite some time...I hear dads collection is quiet large with sizes for all tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i have some bra's too? I do so love bra's...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ackk...maybe its time for word verification

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, you got a lot of hits on this posting, see how popular bra's are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember my first "training" bra - a lemon yellow stretchy, scratchy number. I couldn't wait to get the darn thing off!

    ReplyDelete