Thursday, March 16, 2006

Band Fesitval

Tonight’s, entertainment was T band festival. There were sixty 6th grade students, from seven schools. The Clark Middle School Band was there and the Bartlett High School band/symphony (they had some fancy word for it). It was really interesting to see the levels of talent, to see the growth. T was so excited to play with other saxophones, they did a fine job. They even got a standing ovation. I was also very impressed with the ROTC’s opening flag ceremony, after they presented the colors, the High School kids played the national anthem, and as they dismissed the colors the Junior High kids played the Alaska’s anthem.

I think the flag ceremony was Byrd’s favorite part; she has participated in many flag ceremonies, but has never seen how precise it is supposed to be done. Speaking of flags....

Shana's Project (I would Link her but her site isn't working, and it is not the work of a Dinker - the middle red row is my work)

Byrd was also very excited to be sitting on the same bleacher row as Miss Alaska, at the concert. You see, for Dr. Seuss’s birthday, two weeks ago, the school had a “Read In” they invite important people to come in and read to the classes, Miss Alaska read to Byrd’s class. Side note- T was a guest guide; she got to show the readers around and make sure they stayed on schedule. - Anyway, Byrd came home that night bragging she that she met Miss Alaska, then she found out she was the granddaughter of Miss Homer…the whole school knows now. It reminds me of when I was young, the excitement, and the bragging rights (see I still am bragging) of being the daughter of Miss Homer. I remember sneaking in her room and trying on her tiara, or climbing in to the closet and wrapping my self in the fur coat she won, dreaming of being Miss Homer, myself.

PS - Dad-I would like mom's Miss Homer picture, I could scan it in from the Christmas novel but you must have it already digitalize.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures, we have to have a concert one evening at the Hole In The Wall this summer, any member of the family or friends can participate. We can get electrcity down there for those that need a key board - it woould be great, we already, well we use to have, the tikki torches to light the stage area. I do want to thank you for spilling the beans in advance pertaining to one of my trivial pictures and questions - now everyone knows! What is wrong with Shana's site - you mentioned it and I have also tried to get into it several times tonight - who is the "tinker"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not the "dinker" and I still have my tici torch....a concert would be fun...you gonna sing??? Thanks for posting my pic sister...now everyone knows why I never post pics...you beet me too them...LOL kidding...I really dont mind and it fits well in this blog...dont be to busy and thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. T would love nothing better then to hold a private concert.

    Shana I would have emailed you my photo of the flag, but you don't know how to use email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor looks great in that picture! Wish we could have heard her, bet she was great.

    Oh and nice work on the flag ladies - just thinking about trying to attempt something like that makes my brain hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not ladies...Shana, that is her idea, her plan, and her dimensions. Anna did the stars, I only helped move the process along. Nice Job Shana and JD for hauling it out there.

    ReplyDelete