Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wanted - Black Ninja Midget

They covered Tay's casts today with a nice green chartruese (sp) color, they mole skinned the top and the toes, telling me this will keep "accidents" from seeping in to the casts. I hope they won't be shocked when we come back and I have adapted the mole skin so it is water and germ proof. Tomorrow I will ask her real Doctor if it will be a problem if we cut them down just a bit on the thighs.
I was a little disappointed I wasn't there when they added the green fiber glass, I SOOOOO want to play with the fiber glass, especially when it is in pretty rainbow colors. I tried to get Tay to order stripes, but she doest want to inconvenience anyone. While Tay was getting casted I was wandering through the woods. As fist I tried to make my own trail through the ivy ridden forest floor, I was keeping eyes out for crazy's in woods, when the thought occurred to me that I didn't know the local wildlife or plants. Does Oregon have snakes or poison oak? I high trailed it back to the road quickly. Then I found an exercises trail, so I called back to the hospital and asked to stay out longer, Nick the nurse said Tay was still sleeping so I took it as a "YEAH". The trail was a 40 mile loop, I sure wish I could have walked longer. The "Foili-age" is so pretty and the birds singing and the creek babbling was wonderful. A lot of the plant life is the same as home, the fiddle head fern is just about finished uncurling, the watermelon berry bushes have already bloomed and are ready to start making berries. (psst, you think John really will read all of this?) There were, what I would call lily pads growing no where near the water in full bloom. I sure wish I would have known the trail was there last Tuesday, I could see no better way to wait out a long surgery then hiking though the woods. As I was strolling and taking pictures I thought "What will I ever do with so many pictures of plants?" Then I thought I need to buy some books, so I can find out just what each plant is. Oh yeah...On my outing I met the Mayor of Kenai brother in-law...he works at the local quickie mart "the Plaid Pantry", where I bought three packs of cigarettes for $11.05.
Taylor got out of bed again today, and did a pivot transfer to her wheelchair. It was painful but much better then yesterday, then we find out it is for MY sake not hers. She is not to do anything for the next 6 weeks, pivot transfers only, it was NOT Physical Therapy, it was NOT for her benefit. I needed to learn how to do it...WELL DUH folks she has been casted before you think I don't know how to handle a pivot transfer with my child with out hurting myself. De DE DEEE!!! So all that pain so I could learn, poor girl, I insisted on a blanket transfer when she got back into bed, now that one is new to me, but also self explanatory. The good news is she got most of the way out of bed by herself, it is bearing her own weight that hurts. The pain is an intense hamstring stretch, not the bones.
Her new wheelchair reclines to a flat position, when she is in flat, the handles to push it is at my knees. They are so worried about me hurting myself, causing my little girl great pain, yet I am expected to push her (her and the chair before her casts weighs 197 lbs) bent over. Hopefully at the Oregon airport I will have help. I asked the PT here for help on coming to a solution, once again no help. Taylor was concerned about me and I told her I would just hire a midget to push her, she told me only if it was a black nija midget . So John will you will need to get one of those also before we get home. 32 Hours to go!!!

10 comments:

  1. That’s a tuff request to fulfill. I’ve heard that black ninja midgets are hard to come by, and I wouldn’t blame John if he didn’t read that whole post do to the sort notice, he’s probably out reviewing resumes to fill the position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably find some Luchadore midgets - the Mexican wrestlers? - but ninjas are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got out in the woods and thanks for reminding me about fiddleheads. They should be ready to pick here soon.

    and you should be home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer you didnt know about that trail sooner! I love the way green casts look cant wait to see them!I do have a ninja suit, black even, and a few short kids that could do the job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a ramp for the loading & unloading of your precious baby - chair and all. I had some help from Homer Johnson (who happened to be at his best at the time). The only issue is a black ninja midget. Ask Tay if a kung-fu instructor (with a bum leg) just over 4 foot will do. The boss, Janice, told me to take whatever time necessary off to deal with the new home front situation and they want to pay me 40 hours for the week - regardless. I love those guys! See you at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post WAS wordy, but I DID read it ALL, little brother. Now - off to find that midget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming hme soon, that is supoer great! Maybe, "grandma" will come home after you have settled in. The sink is full of dishes, I am out of luandry, the house is filthy, and I have nto had a decent meal in over a week - but I am not complaining because I know you and Taylor have been through a lot worse. You walk in the woods was most likely very good for you, if nothing more the quietness and time alone, however, you were right about snakes and bugs! Big snakes in Oregon and there is one specie that coils up like a fiddle head fern just starting to open up - the rattle snakes living in those woods are timid compared to the "Fiddlehead Striker". With allthe seat assignments that Taylor getys to enjoy, the ESC seat that you have is that little fold down seat that the flight attendants usually occupy. The ESC stands for "Escape" in the event of an emergency, it actually has an ejector on it just like the military jets. Hit that little red button and you are launched to safety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uncle Bill is thinking of you both.
    Yes, by the way there are snakes in Oregon. One's that rattle also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course you would not have to be too concerned for rattle snakes unless you were traipsing through the sage brush or juniper trees.
    They are not aquatic snakes. Now
    ticks-they are more to be concerned about and like you father sez-the "fiddlehead striker"

    ReplyDelete