Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Surgery Day

I am here trying to get my mind off of surgery and there are no new posts to read, so I will write. Taylor went in to surgery about 8:10 your time and should be out by 2:00. The stress has finally reached me or I am in the emotional state of my cycle, anyway I cant seem to keep the tears away. Taylor's o funny, she keep say "what will be will be..." which is scary to me. The clouds moved in last night and we got some rain and wind. This morning lying in bed with her I prayed to keep her safe and to keep her strong, she has a lot of work ahead of her, the clouds broke and the sun came streaming in the window, someone is looking out for her.

We have been trying to play tourist. Our hotel stay Sunday night was a scary event. First they put us on the 2nd floor, with no elevator, then they switched up to a 1st floor queen room. After a small flight of stairs and packing way to many suitcases, we got moved into the smallest room, Taylor's wheelchair could barely get in the door. We were going to have to park it outside or crawl over it all night. On our way to dinner and a streak and fish house we were stopped by the manager who was quit upset that the receptionist put us in that room. He upgraded us to the Salmon River Suite, which has two beds but the room it self was not much bigger the wheelchair block the only exit. After a dinner of what they told us was Halibut (it was COD at $12 bucks a plate) we switched rooms and went for a walk.

The Grotto was closed and I couldn't talk Taylor into sneaking in so we set out to explore the neighborhood. We found Rocky Butte Bar, Frolics strip club/adult video's/game room, and a little house that they said was a strip club but I think more was going on in there. We booked it back to the hotel quickly before night could set in and the creepy crawlys came out to play. So the Grotto is in the Ghetto, it makes a cute song.

Yesterday we come in for her Motion Lab to see what has changed, they added a few more procedure to the surgery. Muscle lengthening behind her knees and her right femur twisted so they will have to straighten it instead of just the shortening it. The staff here is great and they include her in on everything, her "sleepy Doc" let her make the decision between and epidural or IV pain meds, we choose the epidural. He also had this nifty device, the technology is about a year old, it is for localized numbing so he could place the IV, it is shaped like a pen when he pushes a button a CO2 charge is released and it forces the "numby" stuff right through the skin. Taylor was greatly impressed and very pleased, the main thing she remembered about her stay in Anchorage with her burns was how painful the IV placement was.

Yesterday we rode the Tram down to the river and ate dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, we had a beautiful walk. The river is HUGE, there was a barge tied up and it looked like the tankers in Katchamak Bay...
The doctor just called...its 10am here, the surgery has started and Taylor is fine. I am gonna go see if I can download you some pictures... I will keep you posted, my cell phone works and calls after nine are free, if you want to call the hospital direct she is in room 302. Thanks for listening I feel much better.... Love you all...

4 comments:

  1. Keep posting, our love and many, many prayeres are with both of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just wanted you to know I think you are so brave and so is Tay! I am praying for both of you and bI believe "someone" is really looking in on her. Be strong mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you both hugs and misses. I'll keep checking in to see how things are going. I'm sure God's right there with the both of you. Keep in touch with Him and He'll pull you both through this.

    Love you both tons.

    ReplyDelete