Thursday, May 03, 2007

On Schedule

Everything is on schedule, thanks for all you works of encouragement. I would reply to your comments but this is a "G rated" hospital, and they won't let me read or comment on the blogs, I am lucky to get this far. *okay so it is just Damon's site and mine, I guess my name is a little to close to Erotic. Hope your hiccups go away Valette, the yard is look Great Kiana, and Marty I love the angle on that pipe shot, Dad and John get off your butts and post.
Tay is doing great she is finally eating, although very little, they pulled the the drainage bags from her incision sites, so she is no longer sleeping with four bags of bloody fluids. The Doctor gave her permission to get out of bed today, but she is still not allowed to sit up more then a 30 degree angle, because she has no feeling in her legs still they are worried she will damage the tendons or nerves and not know it.
Tomorrow they will start weaning her off her epidural, and the nurse today encouraged me to start getting the transportation coordinator to start planning our trip home, Sunday or Monday if she takes to the oral medications okay. So things must be going well.
It's funny that Jeanette mentioned Val and her comparing screws and metal plates, because Taylor was just telling me how thankful she is to NOT have cadaver bone puddy in her legs, unlike Val.
any way we are just sitting around waiting...not much else to do. Hugs to all and thanks for the prayers, I know they are working.

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the progress is coming along so well. I pray that your travel plans, for home, go smoothly and you get to come home sooner than later. Loves, hugs and kisses to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear things are moving along smoothly! I'd heard Taylor came to the decision to go through this process on her own and I really admire her courage - I'm just not sure I'd be as brave as she is, even as an adult!
    Please tell her we're thinking about her and can't wait to see you guys Memorial wknd. we'll be watching for our shopping lists :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, thanks for you update. Sorry I have not posted any blogs but now that my crew is down to myself, things are a little hectic. I hate having to make my own coffee! Hope you travel back north goes smoothly, I just can't imagine flying back from Portland on a gourney! I bet you get to load onto the plane at the front of the line! Will Taylor be able to get through security with all those pins in her legs? Knowing her, I wouldnot want to be a security guard that argued with her, especially with backup from mom. Looking forward to your safe return and whjen I get the chance to see you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, noticed the lack of posting on your Dad's site. The nerve of that writer to not write! We happen to be busy on this side, and posting will commence once the dust clears. You have to know that there are a LOT of prayer circles - nationwide - that include you and Tay in their daily talk with God - from many religious denominations. It's a shame that so many different labels are placed on God-believing people of different churches, but, a blessing that prayer has power beyond our wildest dreams. Miss you, love you, and hope to see you by Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you have a blog site by the name of "Eratic Howlings" and someone nicknmaes it the "Erotic Screamer", you cannot expect to be able to comment on a "G" rated computer system. It is called "child proofing", ask Taylor, she probably knows how to bypass the lock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad things are going well and on schedule. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete