Monday, December 24, 2007

Joyous Holiday Cheer

The gifts are wrapped, still searching for bows,
A day full of cooking,we watch as it snows.
Visions of Christmas dancing in my head,
keeping me up, keeping me from bed.

Childlike anticipation, like a little girl,
dreaming of bows and the ribbon's curl.
it's time to enjoy, slowing the pace,
each surprise, the look on their face.

The spirit I see, seeping in rather thick,
not of getting, but giving, that is Santa's trick.
He reminds us of sacrifice, like the one on the cross.
to spend his days thinking of nothing but us.

The giving, the caring, lets reminisce,
the thought of people we will miss.
with egg nog-n-grog, I raise to the new the year,
wishing you all, the most Joyous Holiday Cheer.

5 comments:

  1. Why am I surrounded with poets anbd I have no ability to rhyme! Very cute poem, grat job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and great poem, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Poem...and thanks for making Christmas so wonderful...Family...thats what it is all about....love you.

    ReplyDelete