Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finding the Spirit

I have been trying to absorb the Christmas spirit in me since the 3rd of December, I have been subjecting my self to the carols, in hopes that the process would start to seep into my veins.
Life outside the home has tried to pry the spirit into me.... spending the week decorating the office; it's kind of hard to tell but our (her) tree is decorated with pencils, pens, 3.5in disks, tax software CD's, and tax documents folded into swans and cranes. Very creative, but only makes the need for the spirit stronger.
I tried to find it by shopping around for the perfect gift for Johns party, attending the party, and feeling the first anticipation of opening my first gift, the Christmas CD of the "red green show" and then I sadly watched it get taken
from me to open a...

Elmer Fudd Chiah Pet which thankfully was taken from me
after Joe opened his gift which I was able to take.


None of this helped me soak up the Christmas Spirit, I now believe you cannot steal a Christmas Spirit and still feel good about it.
I tried the liquid form of the Christmas spirit, but I think the bartender was against me, 4 sunrise's, three comicazi's, and a who knows how much wine, left me feeling sober by midnight.
I searched under the house for some spirit, and felt the start of the osmosis process as I decorated with a cup of eggnog and my mommy. But by the time we were done I was to exhausted from the emotions of the the day and the previous day, to sit and enjoy. Watching someone leave state is never easy and reminds all of my family of what we have lost when the younger's leave state to find themselves. We are sending lots of prayers, be safe!
Maybe if I get some Christmas cards done I would feel ready to start shopping for the Christmas Spirit, maybe, if I figure out what I am shopping for I will find the Spirit, maybe if I start cooking I would find the Spirit.....
....maybe if I would just RELAX and enjoy my family and friends, the Spirit will find me.

4 comments:

  1. Been trying to figure out some way to get you into the Christmas Spirt, I beleive this top ten list will work if you follow it.
    10. Sit in the mall and watch the other shoppers going nuts.
    9. Sit on Santa's lap while you are at the mall.
    8. By some mistletoe and stick it above your head while sitting in the mall.
    7. Mail your Christmas cards.
    6. Tonight, with hot eggnog, take the girls, turn on your Christmas lights and stand in the front lawn and sing carols to your house.
    5. Take your sister a baskeful of chestnuts that she can roast on her Barbque.
    4. Make and express ship a pan of sticky buns to me!
    3. Make a platter of fudge and express ship to me!
    2. Buy me a very expensive and extravagant gift.
    1. Look around the house, find a gift that has been purchased for you and peak at it- you always enjoyed doing that as a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always thought the Christmas spirit is in you, please do not turn into Scrooge!! Come back to the light Us jolly happy Christmas spirited people need you to come to us. Sing songs and decorate the place. Think of last years memories. Do what you need to get in the mood! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday I will try out the list at the mall. The Christmas carols would be fun, the neighbors would enjoy it, and the eggnog will keep me warm since the temputures dropped again.

    As for the baking I won't have time until next week... I am so excited. The girls have been making sugar cookies from scratch, but they keep eating them all.

    I did open a package once, not counting the time we (meaning SHANE AND SHANA) found mom's list. I learned young that the anticipation of Christmas is what makes it so fun.

    Sarah, I promise, there is not a scrooge in this body. Just some distractions. All's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont sing in your front yard...I found out why baby Jesus is NOT at the churches this year...and guess what...no church bells either!

    ReplyDelete