Friday, January 26, 2007

The doctor called this morning...

...if you have watched my last video you would have seen Roses accident (it happened last Saturday), well her doctor got the radiologist report back and he thinks she has a “Buckle Fracture” of her right Radius, it is at the very tip if the bone where it meets the wrist. So we went in again today for more X-rays, just to make sure it hadn’t changed. It looks just about the same as on Monday. She had the option of continuing to use the splint or get it a cast. I would have NOT chosen the pain of dealing with a cast but I found out she was playing floor hockey in gym, this week, after the doctor and I told her on Monday (with a note to the teacher) not to participate in gym. We decided we should cast her, it had only been a four days and she couldn’t stop using it, how could we expect three weeks? So she has a cast that is up past her past elbow, and to make it worse for her it is her right arm, I can’t help to chuckle every time she tries to reach her face for a bite of food, to lick her fingers, or a scratch. She will have the last laugh though, as she sits back and watches me do her dishes, vacuuming, and whatever else she cannot accomplish.

10 comments:

  1. How crazy! Hope it heals up well

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...bet she can still snow board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I said! Why should that affect her feet? The Doc could've at least casted in a tool attachment so we could fasten various tools to the appendage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will see today how much it slows her down...with bowling this morning and rollerskating this afternoon, I am glad she got the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always considered snow sports as dangerous - yet their is not warning label posted on them. Since she can't do her chores, can't do school work left handed, might as well send her down to spend the next three weeks with us and we will home school her - tell here to bring her "board" the slopes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my right hand in a cast...I learned to write left handed...good practice using your left side of the brain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thats so crazy. That crash didn't look bad at all. Poor Devyn.

    We loved the sledding video though! Marty and I watched your other videos and LOVED the one with the dog going down the slide! haha Bossco heard it playing and came over. We played it twice for him, honest - he was totally fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dog video is Erica's we were playing with the idea of letting the kids make a music video and I posted it to see if I could. It is their dog Coda and he loved the slide until we put the pool under the end of the slide.

    Rose used to be able to write with her left hand and upside down...I should encourage her to do it more often.

    Dad she gets no vacation unless I do...but you can have Byrd and Tay in June when I take Rose to encampment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great, but we will not have snow in June - maybe! As we speak, Papa Bear is on top of your cxamper shoveling snow. snow was to deep to snowshoe in, he had to go in by snow machine. So far, the Bear Den is done, Wolf Leir is half done and he is on his second shovel - first one broke under the load - said something about the Wolf Pack owing him a big steak dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am surprised he didn't break the roof...therefor his legs...lets be thankful it was only a shovel or two. I will reimburse him for is pains IF I have evidence you are not prattling me!!

    ReplyDelete