Sunday, July 30, 2006

MOM I used a Tampon

I have just been chaperoning kids …had a few extra’s this week, looks like summer boredom has kicked in. All the school friends (or their parents) are calling and scheduling time, usually because summer programs are coming to a close and I am a really good back up babysitter…I really should start charging.

It was way too hot on Thursdays and now it is cloudy again. We did get a chance to dig the pool out and Byrd had fun with several kids (thanks for the entertainment Sargents). aMandy and Byrd had came up with several skits so I sat most of the afternoon watching. Our campfire talent shows have followed me home. Byrds new dream is to sing on Americas Got Talent…my kids aren’t going to college they are gonna be the winners of some reality show…for Tay it will be “Hells Kitchen”…Rose will be “Fear Factor”…and Byrd “America’s Got Talent”… me I think “Treasure Hunter” and JD …hmmm …hopefully “Deal or NO Deal”

JD went and played with the Baxter’s yesterday morning; Shana secured TWO auditions for the “Deal or No Deal” show. She had to spend the night at the Diamond Center but she got Eric and John auditions, they were number 5 and 6. I guess they got 5 Seconds to say something to get them on TV …..not much time…hopefully someone I know will make it in.

JD and the BIG nephews went on more fishing trips this weekend….lower Campbell Creek yesterday and who knows where today…maybe it will work out for them and the smoker will be smoking some silvers.

Tay had a friend over last night and has had a very social week, entailing of many friends, lots of video games, a trip to see the pirate movie, and several walks with her friends. Currently, she and I are in the mix of planning school shopping. Tay has been down for a few weeks, her friend (and my “I sure wish you were mine” child) Rukiya IS moving to Texas, we are all bummed about that…but it could be a month or it could be a year.

Byrd is off in Cantwell camping with friends. Before she left I warned her how Cantwell is not a good place for some (I have never had the privilege of going there) so hopefully they will have a good trip and not have any mishaps.

We picked up Rose from Girl Scout Camp last night. She had a blast learning to kayak (at Ekultna Lake) and canoe in the camp lake. They had a floating breakfast on the lake one morning; I think she really liked that. They saw two Horned Squirrels…or were they horny…not sure which…but she said they were enjoying themselves, so she got pictures. But the very first story I hear is “MOM I used a Tampon…..but it was too big for my nose.”

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like all of having fun, scout camp sounded like a great thing for Rosey! Sorry to hear about the frogs, perhaps I can find another one and get them to breed, if "mille" the mouse will give up her time with "leapy", perhaps he willhave time to make a leap of two, Sorry to hear about the fishery up there. Heath and I fished Deep Creek this morning, a lot of silvers showing there and just starting to show here. I was humbled this morning, he landed three and lost a zillion - I did good, I lost five or six! I am going to stick to the Anchor, where I know the fish and they will feel sorry for me! Not much going on today, looks like rain so I may just take a drive, havce not been to LA in a long time - that sounds llike fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tampon comments definatly made me giggle but not as much as the ravoli gives me dyherria.

    ReplyDelete