Friday, July 14, 2006

Homer Girls KICK BUTT

Thing have been too quiet around here with only one kid…. Mostly we are just bored! Last night we went and saw Blonde Bear play ball….they KICKED BUTT!!!! I have never seen little girls swing a bat like that. I think the final score was 12 to 1...with Homer winning. They called game early because Kenai was loosing SOOOO BAD!!! If Homer continues to win they will be here until next Tuesday. It was nice to get out and enjoy a good hotdog and a great game of baseball. They play again tonight and I wouldn’t miss it for the world….Not because I really like baseball but it has been so long since I had plans on a Friday night and I am really excited to get out!!!

I got a kick out of the Homer parents …when we arrived we headed straight for the bleachers, EVERY Homer parent had matching lounge chairs that hooked to bleachers. These chairs were snazzy with cushion for their tushin’, arm rests, and pockets to stash important items. When I asked about their lounge chairs …. I was told “They found WALMART “ (poor underprivileged Homeroides). But don’t go looking for these snazzy $15 bleacher chairs because they bought them all….their plan is to take them home and sell them for $50 bucks a pop…that’s what the Ulmers would do!!

The games have been held in eagle river, I don’t hang out in eagle river EVER…and now I know why. The drivers in Eagle River are CRAZY…. I am not sure they know the rules of the road. They look like they know what they are doing with traffic lights, four lanes, and a suicide lane, but for some odd reason they refuse to use any of them. People would pull out as if to use the suicide lane and then NOT, or they would just STOP in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. The pedestrians do not know they have the right away nor do they know how to use a crosswalk. And don’t get me started on the McDonalds staff taking 20 minutes to serve a double cheese burger then screwing us out of half our food. Oh the frustrations of a-wanna-be small town…Driving out there tonight shall be fun with the Bear Paw Festival going on!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the scores, I was wondering if anyonhe was ever going to keep us informed! Glad to see them make a come back after their first loss. I bet Blondie Bear was estatic not to mention Mother Bear! You think drivers in Eagle River are bad, you should be from AP and drive in LA! But AP is also getting bad, I had to stay at the stop sign for almost three minutes the other night, fortunatley, it is the only stop sign we have and thre is talk that they are going to increase the size of the roads to two lanes, that will be neat so we will not have to pull off to the side of the road when we meet oncoming traffic. I got to run, I see Rose in the big spruce tree out by Arnies Cabin, she is lowering a rope to pull the other kids up - how she got as high as she is, I am not sure but I think my extension ladder is involved. I had better get out there and supervise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear they won...I am going to guess they were rained out today...not just rained out but POURED out if Eagle River is anything like Anchorage...have not seen rain like this...go on this long...since I left Washington...funny how I actually miss it....(just a little bit)

    ReplyDelete