Friday, June 15, 2007

Ladybug Brigade

Every year my youngest two daughters go out and collect Ladybugs, they have their special hunting grounds, like the bathroom pull off on the Sterling Highway past Cooper Landing and before the Kenai Burns. This time they plucked the little ladies closer to home, but the mother load was still reached. Hundreds of little bugs, that I have been trying to free so they will eat my aphids, its a good thing they haven't seen their freedom or else we could have never experienced a birth like this.

8 comments:

  1. I did not relaize that you took this picture until after I talked to your admirier. Great shot but arn't you concerned that you were infringing upon the privacy of a "lady"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ... it is my picture. Who's my admirer? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice picture.... I remember last year when they caught all those lady bugs. It was so funny seeing all of them in a little jar. I don't think we get a lot of lady bugs here. Or if we do I don't know where to find them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is some animal rights group that might say you are infringing or religious group that thinks it a bit nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. but hey, I think it's beautiful man

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad has an appointment in Anchorage on Tuesday, but we'll be going up Monday night. If thats a good time for me to come up (i didn't think it would be because Tay is still in the hospital and i don't know when devyn and kym will go to camp) but if it is, just let us know. If not, i'll just stay at grandma's or a friends house while they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WE pick Devyn up at 5pm on Monday, we should be home around 9pm or 10pm. If you would like to come up that sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete