Friday, June 08, 2007

Brave New Girls

I sent the young two girls and my Girl Scout Troops off to Encampment yesterday morning, by noon I was getting phone call for more line (rope) for storm lashing. Two years ago we dealt with heat stroke this year wind.
Around 4:30, yesterday, I headed out to bring the younger troop some dinner. I found WIND, so much wind that brand new tents were being ripped to shreds, the zippers were being pulled apart even with the tent windows open, cook stoves would not stay lit, and tent stakes would not stay in the ground. I found hungry cold adults and children loving it. Tonight, I will bring out new tents, blankets, gloves, hats, and cocoa.

Byrds troop

Roses Troop

Sarah's Troop

My two are venturing just fine due to the fact we just spent 10 days outside in similar weather. Hope the adult volunteers don't hate me when this is over.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like lovely weather to go camping,COCEPT: The HITW is portected, off the main road, unseen by the general public and it is an ideal locatiojn for an encampment. It is not being fully utilized fully on this weekend each year. I counted the girls inthe picture, a minimum of at least 22. At $100.00 per head camping fee for one week, we couldnet enough cash flow to make more improvements like a club house, bath house, and cabins for adults!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hum... those where just my girls. There are about 1200 people there. We won't fit in the HITW.... But I keep telling you, you have a perfect spot for s summer camp.

    ReplyDelete