Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's Up....No its Down...

One minute the internet is UP the next it is down. I had so many stories that are now lost, due to the Internet Company issues. Here's the catch up...John and Tay are gone...Tay is Doing Good...Just a few frustrations... I missed out on....and I Missed....so I could...but all is okay after John and Tay flew out and Byrd went and stayed in AP, Rose and I had fun.
On Monday, after the chores were done of course, we called a friend and grabbed sandwiches and hiked to flat top.

Thats a snow ball.


Where we stopped to eat, not even past blueberry hill, but a Great View.

At the top, this was the tallest living plant.



At the top, the sun started to show..

The dirt on the face...its for the effect of it all...They struggled
to the top.They earned that dirt... Drama Queens.


Here they are striking a pose at the top of flat top over looking Anchorage.


Tuesday, we did more chores (don't tell Byrd but her room has been cleaned) we set out to do a few last minute chores...okay we shopped...got a router and some CHEAP CHEAP shorts and a new bra.

Wednesday's, we set out early to get a few more errands done, we were running late for an appointment when we got caught in traffic, Rosey caught this photo at N. lights and the Highway.


After seeing this and being late I had a feeling something would set me off track. We got to our appointment and hour EARLY so we left to buy food for the fish and frog. Animal House 10:30 am CLOSED...So all the way across town only to spend way more money. Then back just in time for my appointment to get my hair trimmed, and eyebrows and mustache waxed (first time for the stash and...it's still numb).
We dash home so Rose can feed the frog, and off we go North. First stop Thunderbird Falls...
Graffiti...took Rose a little to get it.



At the falls

Self portrait


Here we are at the top viewing deck, it's only a mile hike, but it was fun. We then went to the base of the falls and ate by the river. The mosquitoes were eating also so we left quickly. Headed north again...to



Camp Togo Woods.

Roses home for the next week.

On my way home I tried to sight see saw nothing interesting, even after driving ever back road, so I headed home.Just north of the North of Birchwood Exit, I hear a terrible noise, no cars round, so it must be me, I got safely to the off ramp and was just about to stopped when a very LOUD motorcycle zoomed past me out of nowhere. Felling relieved, the noise was him I started to go again..but nope, it was me, I had a flat. I was doing 70- 75 down the highway, I heard the noise but felt nothing, not a change in steering, nothing. I called the, no hassle warranty company that was supposed to covere roadside assistance, but DOESN'T, then called Donny and Heath. They are on the south side of Anchorage, they will come out, but I am not waiting, I get started. Jack .. Check... Tire... check... lug wrench ...check... I get the lug nuts loose and go to drop the spare. I am under the car when someone (other then a cop) finally stops to help. Thanks two dudes in the little blue truck. My feeling of impeding doom has passed and I have been home enjoying a clean quiet house. So nice...my time. Tomorrow mow the lawn and pick up Tay and John.

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! We won't be in Anc until late Mon, so maybe my Mom and Dad can just drop me off on Tuesday? My Mom said we can work on how I am going to get back - even if she has to come up and get me or if you're coming down for the 4th of July, I can just go home then? Then I can stay for 2 weeks! hehe =D Also, do you think we'll have a chance to go shopping? If not then I can just call my Aunt Karen, or Devyn Kym and Taylor and me can just go together. (I wasn't sure about that because I'm used to living in a small town where we walk everywhere by ourselves. But anchorage is a big city) If you can't go shopping, then it's not a big deal because I understand that you'll have your hands full. =)
    Please let me know so I know if I should bring my clothes money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WSE can go shopping and we can bring you home on the 29th...30th...or something. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the two of you had a great time, so much energy to expend! We will be back to full compliment today, we did have a great water gun fight the other night, I think your mother started it and by the end we were involved but the water bombs that I developed overcoming the the squirt guns! Having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful hair cut...had to look twice to make sure it was Rose...the bangs are great...cant wait to see it down....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss me yet???? hehe well I have found my way back to blog land...my personal computer isn't quite up and going yet...but I'm working on it... I'm hoping i'll will be posting regularly. see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tallest plant on Flat Top pic is award winning Heidi. Nice shot.

    you guys sure get around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Devyn has bangs!! They look really cute. Glad to see you guys out enjoying some girl time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you guys remembered to take a rock up to rebuild the mountain through your hike. Is that MY little girl - the tough one?!

    ReplyDelete