Friday, August 11, 2006

Photo Log - is it a FLOG?

Oh boy it has been a while….no excuses accept that we have been a busy little family.

Road trips, both John and I made a trip to Soldotna …him on a Thursday …me on Saturday…him a funeral … and me a wedding. They held the wedding at the Senior center in Soldotna I was a little concerned about the seniors in Soldotna….first I found chains hooked to trees in the back yard and then I saw this …….
I think these seniors are having a bit to much fun…like ourselves. If you have never been to a function of my family ….well you never know what will happen… My father preformed the ceremony.

nice skunk hat huh …. No soaring eagle were seen. Then as a wedding present he gave them this…mind you to his niece… she tried it on for all to see.

I didn’t have much time to recoup from the wedding when my baby brother and his family decided to come up to LA to shop for school cloths. The first day we started with a healthy breakfast… Denny’s YUM!!!

Then we hit the Diamond center… I think JD talked to my brother about my spending before we left….

He was not pleased….

…but with Tay in adult sizes now, the bill really went up I had no choice.

The sun was out the whole time we were shopping…so after we had to get the kids cooled down and some energy spent…Hunter chose a winter sport…

While the girls chose to show off their new bikinis and force their cousin Heather into the pool…

Day two included a trip to Wal-Mart for socks and underwear…$100 buck worth (okay i also bought JD Jeans) …ACK… then off to Value Village and Salvation Army for those item that we can’t live without but are out of style and no longer carried in the stores…I found JD some Levis for $9.99 each. But the girls found NOTHING so we headed home for some more SUN.

This time Hunter chose to play with the girls… poor boy…but with a little pressure we finally got him to enjoy the water slide.

and after a water fight. Tay and Cody stayed in the pool and the younger kids too the high ground

The days of summer are almost at an end…as they played in the pool I stretched out to get some sun and it refused to cook me the way it does in June and July, it felt like early September.

Baby brother family took off the next morning and left me to deal with rain…and school registration.

Rose and Byrds registration too all of 10 minutes totally different story for Tays ….3 hours the first day….we had to go back. The JR high failed to read her IEP (Idividual Education Plan) and scheduled her for a PE class so we spent some time rearranging her schedule. She had originally signed up for Writing Enrichment (they do drama and learn about literature) and replaced her PE with Study hall…with their screw up they she did not get into the writing enrichment, replacing it with Office Aide. So she has advanced English, social studies, advanced science, and pre-algrebra. For her electives she has band, study skills and office aide. She is really bummed about losing out on the writing enrichment and scared about pre-algebra. But with the office aid job she will be cursing the halls for an hour collecting attendance, so the exercise will be good for her.

Then they placed her locker in the middle of the set of lockers, which won’t allow enough space to get her wheelchair in, especially if the halls are full of students. Just as we were going to change her locker they closed down registration of the day, so we had to go back the next day. We didn’t get a chance to meet any teachers but the security guards and the principle already seem to be wrapped around her finger.

Well I think this is long enough, I still have so much to write …. Maybe you will get another post tonight…..

Oh yeah …most of these photo’s were taken by Erica Harrington all rights reserved and if she gets pissy at me for sharing them then I will post the picture of her in her bikini for all the world to see!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Tay will be cursing the halls? lol

    You sure have been busy. Great FLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures and to find out that 75% of my family was in Anchorage - you should see the other 25% this weekend, although they will be spending most of their time in Wasilla winning the State Championship Softball Tournament. Great posting, loved the pictures hate your word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know. My little spender is bound by family needs. You're still a keeper, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I got a pretty good guess on the right size of bra for Brandy! Although, you should play fair and remind everyne that bra was a payback for the bra she gave me for a Christmas present. It hsould also be pointed out that I did not wear the skunk hat for the wedding ceremony, it was a dignified occasions and I resisted all temptations to distract from this solemon occasion. You also failed to mention that one of the pieces of music that you were dancing to was XXX rated!!!!! Now all of you know the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most of the music played was X-rated...minus the country...the old folks requested.

    Please, dad, remind the internet that the bra you gave the bride was your oldest daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All along, I thought it belonged to one of my granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete