Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The First Day of School

The first day of school went great. The JR high gets out 45 minutes earlier then the elementary school so it gave Tay and I some time to chat before the others got home. She had some locker problems but a cute boy helped her out with that, you should have seen her grin as she told me. Her school terrorist retired which is great news for me, and her new therapist has worked with her before and we love him!! Her science teacher is going to get her out of her study skills class and put her in another science program. She loves the staff and the school. She had an issue with some girls she grew up with, something about going to JR high changes girls…snobs!!!

Rose and Byrd spent the day catching up with their friends. Byrd ended up bringing home most of her class work to finish up. She said she couldn’t do it in class because everyone kept talking and annoying her. I hope this is not going to be a pattern, her teacher this year is pretty strict and I don’t want to be called in all the time. Rose was a little disappointed in her teachers this year, not because of the teacher but because she has been separated from her fiends. Her teachers (her two teachers job share, one comes in the morning the other afternoon) is the same one Tay had for the last two years and I am worried that their teaching style isn’t right for Rose, we will see how that goes. I hope they don’t expect Rose to be a Tay because she is not a brown nosing child she is more of a class clown.

I enjoyed a day of relaxation. I spent the day in bed reading the third book in the “Dark Towers” series (Stephen King)…boy am I hooked. Today I think I will go have coffee with my sister and wait for my brother to call…they were supposed to be here last night but never showed. I should be getting started on Girl Scouts but the motivation is just not there. Tomorrow we are having a planning meeting maybe that will motivate me.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, those first few days of school are so fun - then they change! swchool was never very high on my list, except the social aspect of it. Does it show? Hope you find the Moose, going to miss having the kids around but we get to enjoy Ruger for a few more days. Fishing remains good, fished last night, my first four cast's I caught three fish - but I am good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I loved the Dark Tower series. I have the last four books in that series if you want to borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't tell me about the "cute" boys. Does she think I will string them up? Or, is it the "girl code" not to talk of that with any of the male species?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the joy of first day, I hope it will work out in the end for the girls

    ReplyDelete