Wednesday, September 12, 2007

MS Bike Ride

The National MS Bike Ride (and here and here)was a success and we had a lot of fun. We volunteered for Saturday biker sign up in Granite Creek (mile 63 Seward Highway) and then helped sign bikes back in once they reached the Seward Sea Life Center. John and I counted 129 bikes (227 were signed up) making the trip on Saturday. The first rider pulled into Seward soaking wet, in about 4 hours, that is 63 miles in 4 hours, averaging almost 16 miles an hour, in the pouring rain. I would like to thank you all for not showing up because John and I had a wonderful quiet anniversary weekend. I have many pictures, I want to share, but the schedule does not permit blogging right now. So...for now you only get to hear about the bikers who raised over $100,000 for the National MS Society.

2 comments:

  1. Good job guys, glad you were able to support MS and still make it a fun anniversary. Looking forward tothe pictures and really good to see you site updated!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN it rained buckets last weekend.

    I wondered why you weren't blogging.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete