Sunday, September 30, 2007

September is Over?


I think every photo I have of her this last year is here at the computer listening to music. She has explored the music of every generation since the 50's. I have learned a lot with our music apperication times, thanks Tay!
OHSA would be proud.
Deep thoughts, Rosey?

Yesterday was National Public Lands Day, my older Girl Scouts went to help out. I thought it was going to disaster. Last year we participated and we heard nothing but wine! This year all my chaperone's ditched the night before too late to round up new ones. I really needed two adults in case of emergency but that is not what worried me. I was afraid would not be able to motivate them. We worked the Goose Lake Trail system thinning the wooded area 15 feet on either side of the trail and learned why... to allow ventilation through the woods, to keep bugs down. Pedestrian safety; so the trail users couldn't be surprises by animals and other dangers. Fire hazards; in case of a fire they wanted to prevent a canopy fire. If you enlarge the photo you can see piles of small spruce that
was cut and hauled to the trail, the trees are waiting to be chipped
and put right back to were we took them from.


This year I did not hear much wine, but had a few girls just standing around and one pouted the whole time. But all in all we had a great time! We ended up leaving a little early trying to find a restroom, and got "lost" in the woods. It was a blast playing the situation up, one girl (the pouter) even called her mom (without my knowledge, darn cell phones) because she really thought we were lost (I can't wait to hear from that mom). Once we were found we had to stop and enjoy the view of Goose Lake in the fall. While we enjoyed the view we did a "Glamor Shoot" and decided that a photography badge and a photo shoot were in need!These poses remind me of the Tyra's "Top Model" show, what posers.
I know there is only 7 girls here, my pouter was sitting by herself 15 feet up the trail.


After our morning of work, we head for pizza and scrap booking. Me with 8 moody girls, it was a fun but exhausting time. I would do again and again!

On another note....

I saw this car on Northern Lights Blvd and couldn't help to wonder... WTF? What are you trying to say? why does the world need to know? and I hope they don't have kids. I find it very dis-tasteful.

And

Driving down Minnesota, I found what happens to our "City of Flowers"...


and it hadn't even frosted yet... and the plants still look to be in full bloom? I am sure they could have been harvested and the flowers would have made someones day! Like a "shut in" or "the old folks home" or someone in the long term care unit. Wasteful! That is what that is.

12 comments:

  1. You have changed your posting since I saw it this morning, you added pictures of the girls! I like Taylor's new look, looks good on her. Tell her that I like it! Some good pictures, liked your lake shot. I need not asked who did the most work on this project! Thanks for the homework assignment, has bene awhile since I did homework. See all of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing my homework, or is it Roses homework. I am still not sure who was supposed to complete it!

    I worked REALLY hard... nagging! and I drag just as many tree's as they did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent shot of Rose! Those people probably don't have kids and also no respect for the people who do. They don't understand what it is like to deal with kids that ask A LOT of questions. But I wonder as someone that uses pottymouth quite frequently aren't I just as guilty? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real Eyez...I am probably only offend because it may bring questions about that I am not ready to answer. Where is the innocents?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always do I answer fully the question or dance around it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and kids!

    As far as the red car goes what are they trying to prove. showing off their brains thats what!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The message on the car is just another sign of the excessive abuse of "Freedom of Speech" that so many idiots can hide behind. Constitutional rights is the first thing they claim, however, our forefathers who wrote the Constitution could not possibly foresee how rapidly the world would change in two hundred years. The only way that we will regain our innocense is at home, our young people will not learn it in school - after all Christmas has even been eliminated or altered in our school suystem so we do not offend anyone - although 80% of American's are of the Christian religions. Hollywood has played a big role in the erosion of our culture over the past twenty years - Hollywood includes the the tv programs that are beamed into our homes on a daily basis with no holds barred. Mom's and Dad's is the first line of defense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You posed a very good question pertaining to the early removal of all the flowers. That was a shame. Perhaps, as a Scout Leader, you could write a letter to the city and suggest that they leave the flowers intact until they go to seed - then allow anyone that wants to go in and harvest the seeds, upon harvesting they would then have to remove the plants. It not only saves the city the time and money to pull all the plants but also re-cycles the seeds for another garden. I wonder how many of the plants pulled were annuals?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure the state would not like us to collect the seeds from "alien" plant forms, just in case they end up in the tundra, or the dirt. There were many volunteers this last weekend destroying "foreign" plant life around the portage area. And every year they try to "weed" Mt.McKinley.

    But, I would go volunteer to harvest the flowers. I think I will work on an Email.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Okay, rehash, thanks you all said it all so I can just ramble. My theory on the car is...who ever drives it is a virgin who talks big and gets none. They say those that advertise advertise for business. oh but then that would make it a company car right?
    As for the flowers the paper said the "pots are stored for the winter" "flowers harvested for seed" and the rest is going to the mulch pile. To be sold back to the city next year....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read an article on adn.com yesterday, but I am pretty sure they were talking about personal gardens. The plants I saw were not in pots/containers and they were in full bloom. They weren't ready to seed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the pics I almost think I should go back to blogger so I could do that.

    Anyway when ever you need a grown up call I am down for a little girl scouting beings I only have a cub scout so far but grace is more than ready.

    I saw a very distasteful car the other day and am still wondering how I will handle it next time.

    Maybe they where taking the flowers to a green house or maybe not wasters!

    ReplyDelete