Sunday, September 16, 2007

WHATZ UP?

Well, I finally got last weekend photo's on line, you can see then here. We had a great weekend; I did my good doings, played in the rain in my new Extra Toughs, got my first fishing rod, met up with good friends, saw new sites, did a little fishing (not catching), and went for a nice hike. I learned, even with MS you can ride 63 miles on a bike, I can pee in the woods standing up, and found if you take glacier photos with an indoor camera setting the blue comes out more vivid. It was a wonderful trip, I couldn't think of any way better to celebrate our 15 years together. Thanks John, Nadina and the National MS Society.

I start my new job on Monday, I am now an part time Administrative Assistant to a CPA, witha very flexible schedule. A very small company, with lots going on. She (the CPA) does forensic accounting for the courts and corporate taxes. Even though I feel over qualified for the job she has me doing, I should learn a lot from her and the experience I take away should be beneficial . The only down side is I need a social life outside of family and I won't be getting that hanging in a small office in Eagle River.

John and I got more adult time last night. We had dinner with Nate and Tab, I was so excited to go OUT to dinner with a couple and no kids where the conversation flowed and it was not awkward. The Bloody Marys set me on the right track for poker, but diner was cut too short. We will have to do it again.

After diner we then hit Valette's poker game, where I found myself with an incredible need to start playing with action figures. But more important I stole Valette's mojo, so that John could take the table. Okay he shared it with Steve but the point is I left with $11 bucks to Valette'a $1.

Girl Scouts is up and running, our first meetings was last week, this year we have more parents support then I know what to do with. I think it will be a great year!! We have already scheduled our first community service project. On the 29th we will be going to Portage to do some land management, laying trails and planting indigenous plants. I am looking forward to this, a lot.

I have 20 projects going on around the house and if I could just complete one I would be happy....hey I did complete one!!! I blogged and got my photo's on line!!! Time to get the house projects done now!

7 comments:

  1. I always seem to make those lists of to-dos, but I very rarely accomplish them. Glad to hear you guys had fun! Oh by the way Heather and Hunter came home Sunday and told us how generous Kimber and Devyn were. Tell we said thank you and the eggs havve been placed in the water! We should have babies swimming around soon! (I think some may not have survived because there is a lot of floaters!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the shopping trip was really planned so she could spend the birthday money we gave to her. What fun is girls day out with no money? She looked disappointed.

    I will tell the girls, they said thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had agreat time too! NAte and I finished the night early but the long island kept us smiling. I would love to do it again. I am also in need of a social life outside of the family , Grace is my day time company.

    How is the new job, and I love the picts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, did not realize you saw so much wild life, isn't this state great, just driving down the highway you see all of these animals so eager to pose! Looked a little wet, like it is outside right now! Miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weather Alert for those in LA - The old Doppler shows a lot of ugly heading your way - we are gettoing it here now - gets worse as it comes north. Pink Salmon fishing is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the wild life was from the Portage Animal Farm...or whatever it is called. I have always wanted to go, next time I will bring the kids.

    The wind and rain have set the scene for fall, leaves are all over the ground. Now I can't wait for sun, so I can get some good fall photo's. I love the leaves rustling on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew where you got those pictures - just checking to see if you would make up a story.

    ReplyDelete