Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Test Bubbles

Oh jeesh…what can I say it’s been busy…and now I am taking a minute to reflect... Girl Scouts is kicking my ass. I think the other ladies are getting burnt out so my help has disappeared. While booking cookie booth sales, reserving cabin camp sites for 20 people for a date which no one agrees, I am working on Thinking Day. So I am busy researching Girl Scouting in Greece and the Philippines, along with that I get to figure out which food to serve at an event where I am only allowed to charge a nickel for a bite. Last year we served melon ball scoops of spumoni ice cream we spent $24 on ice cream and made $12 to donate to the Girl Scouts Around the world. I think this year I will serve Olives and Rice!!

The event isn’t until the 23d but I am hoping to fill my days with work and evening catching up on house work. So far this schedule has led me to put down my camera. I did get some good shots of a Girl Scout Event…while women spoke and lead activities about their jobs in science I got to sit back and play with some artzy features on my camera.


So far I could work all I want, right now I am not taking anymore non-profit daytime obligations so when my calendar empties I can take some of the steady temp jobs. So far I have worked two half days, tomorrow a third. My first day was okay, if you count the little girl child who intimidated the hell out of me by biting a hole in a stack of papers and struck out to hit me when I mispronounced her name. I have received no training in implementing district discipline policy nor was I warned that she could blow because they are messing with her drugs. What was I supposed to due??? I walloped her butt that’s what! No I learned to ask more question for my safety and sanity. I also learned that on Friday afternoons we have burnt out teachers and wild kids and NOTHING gets done.

Today and tomorrow I am a Proctor…I still don’t know what it is but I updated my date book and wrote a letter and filled in a bunch of little bubbles with my number two pencil for the kids sitting next to me. I learned here that in some cases an IEP may not let a child grow... by not allowing them to fill in their own darn bubbles, if time and ability allows let them do it. Tomorrow I will read math questions, out loud. 2 + 2 = …

Super Bowl was a commercial disappointment, minus the block buster commercial that I missed when the kids had to show me the creek and the farm. I bundled up thinking a LONG walk was in store, then I found we were going to Heathers back yard.... How long do you think it will be until she makes best friends with these neighbors.

The goats were shy at first then they let us see it all. Later Hunter figured out if he "BAAAAAA's" out his bedroom window the goats will answer. Whether is 11am or 11PM, I am sure it will turn into a fun game.



The Chicken finally got the nerve to bear the cold to see what the all the noise is all about... again, they called and the animals come.



There is even something for the fisherman of the house, there are supposed to be fish under this bridge.


6 comments:

  1. Busy, Busy, family! I agree the blockbuster ad was the best. I bet the kids get to know the neighbors quite well. Why can I picture a kidnapping of a goat taking place in the near future! Got to run, will come back later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally serve some rice and have it about starving children in Africa, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you remember to call your older brother today? It was his 38th. Your mom talked to him tonight, quite a coincidence about his "new" doctor. Her name is "Mo-Mo Hillstrand. I do not remember her full name, but she is the daughter to Earl Hillstrand who originally built Land's End. That was the first summer we were in Alaska and camped onthe end of the Homer Spit. Hillstrands lived in a little beach cabin at the end of the spit where Lands End is built. Mo-Mo is just a few years younger than I, we played together on the beach the entire summer. I was just out of the 6th grade so she must have been a 4th or 5th grader. They have a sumemr home in home, on the knoll atop of Bay Crest Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There does seem to be an allowance to be inadequate in the school system involving IEP's. Could this child not fill in a bubble, or is the child on a statistical list claiming they cannot bubble in?
    And - yes - I can almost smell fresh chicken and goat on Heath's BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goat? Yuck!!!Bubbles? I like bubbles. Their all different sizes but still round...most of the time... and the pretty colors that shimmer from the soap...I could watch bubbles forever.I like bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your life sounds similar to mine at the time with all the Girl Scouts stuff going on...Good luck with being a sub, I was asked to sign up too, but Travis is unsure...Love ya

    ReplyDelete