Friday, February 16, 2007

Phlog


Our Trip to "All Fired Up". We get to pick up our pieces tomorrow, I am so excited to see how they look.




We cleaned out the fish tank and moved it last Sunday. This is Stanley the cat fish and Kirby the algae eater. John could tell you just how big they are, all I know is you cannot catch them with the net. For one we do not have one big enough and two they have spikes along their fins and they get tangled up in the mesh.John doesn't mind taking the tank all apart because he gets to catch fish the manly way with his bare hands. This is Kirby, I would have got a shot of Stanley (the cat fish) but John dropped him on the floor when he growled.

We try not to do this project with kids around,

they tend to get into the job a little to much.

I worked this week, I think I only worked two days but I feel like it was the whole week. I am NOT use to boys, let alone boys with MAJOR behavior problems. I scheduled myself on Tuesday and got asked to come back for the rest of the week. I had scheduling conflicts on Wednesday, so could not work, instead I spent the Valentines Day at the roller rink.

(this is not one of my kids, Bird would not allow me to take her picture)

For Valentines I got a hand made heart Valentine from Rose, a purple feather rose from Byrd (that she bought at the roller rink), and very sweet email, card that was created by my Valentine. That Evening we put the kids to bed, I was ready to put my fat pants on, when I was told to grab my hat and gloves.

(Notice the stocking hat, that I would have never ever would be caught dead in before this last October when the temperatures stayed blow -10 F for weeks)

After a glass of wine at the Brew House, we spent the evening with Bob and Barney, riding around down town Anchorage.
The air was fresh it was nice to be down by the water and feel that sea breeze. I have never seen down town like that, we weren't racing around trying to beat the lights, just the slow steady pace of the horses hooves and the jingling of the bells. It was a little scary trying to cross L Street uphill headed east, stopped at a stop sign trying to get through traffic of people that were celebrating Valentines day down town at the bars. I couldn't have asked for a better evening, he even got bonus points for pre-planning and actually making a reservation.

4 comments:

  1. What a great evening! That is really neat and a new experience for the two of you. I did not realize that my son in law is such a romantist - way to go John! Sure, no picutres of Stanley and he is such a fine speciman of his specie. Of course that is true with most species, any of the species that carry the name of "Stanley" are usually very special. I wonder, wioth the proper permits if you were able to acquire a couple of moose calves and raise them as domestics, you could train them to pull a carriage, now that is real Alaskan. The Anderson's have the elk ranch down here, you could use them without permits, do I smell a year around business opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Heidi, that is so great. What a night you two had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my boy - at least I raised one of them right. Way to go John!

    ReplyDelete