Sunday, November 12, 2006

One Birthday Down And Two To Go

Busy times….we just finished parent teacher conferences and I was very pleased. Everyone brought home good grades and for the most part turning in homework. JD and I errand (yes we EARNED it, sitting for hours re-learning algebra) my “Proud Parent of a Wendler Jr. High School Honor Student.” bumper sticker. I am so proud. Rose (5th grade) is pulling in excellent grades and is known to be a leader in class. Byrd (3rd grade) is pulling good grades although she is constantly talking and not using her time wisely. She is moving to a 5th grade spelling curriculum on Monday and should finish up 4th grade math by the end of the quarter. What brainiacs…I hope they don’t losses their interest in learning. Lord give me the power to continue to motivate them and not NAG them!!

It birthday time so I spent my week running around town. It seems I spent all week shopping, but only because I kept forgetting what I was shopping for, and didn’t know about anything about buying a snow boards. My mind just has not been working, I think it is frozen, negative temperatures in November, makes a girl want to move to the equator.

Thursday night we had a family party for Roses birthday….I am having issues here…I forgot half the family that lives in the area….sorry Valette and Marty and Kianna…I will try to remember in a month when we do this again. Rose got a used/new snow board for her birthday….even though it was used it still set us back a pretty penny but it’s a good starter board.

(family party...and a brown frog cake)

(Thanks grandma the cloths fit perfectly and she loves them...but it did take us a minute to figure out if these were sock or tights...all the grown up girls wanted a pair when they were socks. Rose loves them)

(new snow board)

Friday was a school in-service day….that means my kids have multiplies by four (yes 12 kids)…the house is full! Everyone is entertained, and it is my job to follow them around cleaning up. Heath took the kids sledding but Rose traded her board for a sled. I think she is going to need some motivation to get over the first run with her board. Brittany has offered to teach her…but I think Heath and JD are ready to go buy their own boards so they can be the teachers. JD worked all weekend so maybe after school tomorrow they can go …oh if I find a new part for her binding that JD broke.

(Butch got another balck eye...second since they moved up...this one is Roses fault...sledding)

Yesterday, Rose did a friend party and thank god she has cousins because only two of her school friends showed up…This happen with Tay in 5th grade also….the kids, at this age, are just now so busy with sports and extras that everyone was busy.

(Rose did most of the decorating on the second frog cake...what talent)

Today I was hoping for a quiet day…but JD is working again …I have to go get Rose from Silicon Valley …and I have house guests/family that spent the night….so much for laying around and finishing the Gunslinger series.

2 comments:

  1. Such fun, but I have to say that the "green frog" lookewd much better than the "brown frog".
    sounds as if all the kids are doing well in school, still giggling over our conversation with Butch on the telephone the other day. We asked him if he got a good report card, said he did but, "I got my name on the board", our obvious reply was "why"? He said "cause I was talking to my friend". Grandma said, "oh, that is not good", Butch replied, "yea, but the second time she took away my recess!" It is great that they have such a large group to play with, espcially when it comes to sledding. I cannot imagine Heath and John on snowboards, but that goes back to a previous posting that I made pertaining to "fireworks", for some reason, with this new interest in snow boarding, I can picture snowboards being brought to the HITWRA next spring for a little "mud boarding", perhaps the glacier will still be usable as well. Have a quiet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you did not get to finish you book...can I read them now? Glad all survived the sledding trip with only minor battle wounds...

    ReplyDelete