Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Last Night...What Fun!

Tay is not too old to enjoy the fun.













Can you guess what she carved?

Rose is learning to use a lighter to lite the pumpkins...but it gives her blisters.
Rose carved a classic design.
Byrd gets into the job.
Byrd carved most of this by herself.
Sissy just starting the job.
Her final product... Heath and I helped some, but Sissy did most of it.


Butch would have nothing to do with the guts, the mere thought of touching them would send him into a fuss.


Butch used a new technique, its the Light Brite version. There are clear pegs (similar to a golf tee) you hammer into the pumpkin, then you use a LED light to light it. It was quick and easy, for those with short attention spans.
The whole bunch of them...completed and ready for the moose to eat...the pumpkins not the kids.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures, we appreciate them! Looks like fun, I carved a pumpkin last night as well, a pumpkin pie! I like the concept of the lights used on Butch's pumpkin, ideal for me, short attention span and all - what was I say, oh, well. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Granma - You tell those kiddos that I miss them so very much. Thank you so much for sharing your pumping carving fun with everyone. I am very doubtful I will make it up there for Halloween - no snow tires yet and we've had snow the past couple of days. Squeezes to all of you! love you - Mom/ Granma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work there on those pumpkins. What a great looking bunch of kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Punpkins...now I know where to accuire a few more for my "pumpkin garden"...I have six needing artistic talent...seems none of the kids want me to do it without them...but we are not all under the same roof at the same time except at midnight untill December 25th. So I am gutting them today...them maybe we can have a "pass through" pumpkin party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great. I love the light bright tech. I need to get some of those.

    How are you. Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found an easier and clean way to carve pumpkins, the kids will ove doing it! Go to the following address: www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete