Monday, April 07, 2008

Our Henry? Maybe not...

Doing some more research, I now believe I was wrong in my last post, I believe the man I mistook for my Grandfather, was Henry Hathaway (AKA Henri Leonard de Fiennes) , one of the film directors of "How The West Was Won" along with "True Grit" and many other amazing movies. The resemblance in the clip from from the trailer was just amazing, I wish I had found some missing family history.
Then, again, I look at this... and say how could you doubt?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your research, most likely the same guy but that video clip surely did look like him, in your still shot you can see he does have a little less hair than dad did at that time and then there was the hat, that caused me to speculate a bit except that perhaps he was wearing it to disquise himself for some reason. Dad would have neve been caught in a "sissy hat" unless there was a reason for it and then nobody had better make any remarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Miss USA Pageant is on, after reviewing the contestants. My prjectionsd indicate that Miss Alaska will once again return home without the title, however, looking ather on a photographic sense, I will project that she will be judged the "Most Photogenic" inthe competition. I figure I have one in fifty chances of being right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I watched that..until I fell asleep!

    ReplyDelete