Friday, August 03, 2007

Our trip was one of waiting, now I remember why we moved to Anchorage, so a dang doctor appointment wouldn't be a whole day thing. The flight down was a long one, it left an hour late, and of coarse we were on the plane when they decided something need fixed. So there went any sleep, as I worried about the plane going down over a 50 cent part.

When I did finally go to sleep I was awoken a half hour later buy this snuffling snorting noise. The gentlemen sitting in front of me, in the bulk head, was standing up staring at me making these odd noises, the noises were like what I would imagine a pig making when they are rooting for grub. It wouldn't have been so bad, god forgive me for saying this, but his whole face was deformed, swollen and lumpy, like a tumor, like Quasimodo, at 3am it is not a good way to wake up. Needless to say I did not go back to sleep because he wouldn't sit down and stop starring at us.

When we arrived, our ride to the Hospital was there waiting for us, we arrived just in time for the morning rush hour, 7am, the 30 minute ride took an hour. We waited at the hospital for her 9am physical therapy appointment, which was a mistake, they canceled that one and didn't tell us, but on a good note we didn't have to wait until 1:30 to see the doctor. By 10 am, the x-rays were good and we were waiting in the exam room. The doctor pushed and poked then had Taylor walk. "It doesn't get better then that!" his words (not mine) and for a perfectionist it was exactly what I wanted to hear. He also noted her hip flexion wasn't as bad as he thought. So maybe that means he won't have to operate on her hips and fix what I think the other doc broke.

The Physical therapist (note the therapist not terrorist, AWESOME GUY) Herb, noted that Taylor tends to pick her walker up when she turns and that she doesn't set it back down until she has taken a few steps. She is doing independent standing and a few steps. She didn't realize that, Herb asked her to walk/stand alone, it didn't work. Our conclusion, the next step is overcoming the mental side of it all, a battle she has to overcome. Which means we are back to where we were before the burns and torn knee tendons. YEAH!!!! Her next appointment is in October here in Anchorage, if all goes well there she won't have to go down again until May for another Gait Clinic.

By 11:30 we were done, but our plane didn't leave for another 12 hours, we talked our way into a ride back to the airport, where we lucked out. A flight leaving at 5:10 had two empty seats. We were on it at 4:30 and I was passed out by 4:40, I didn't even hear the other passenger board not did I feel the take off. Our stewardess was the same on from the flight down and she made sure the rest of the flight crew knew we only wanted to sleep. I am not sure when Tay finally slept but I know she slept hard because I have the drool stain on my pants where she laid her head and she had some major morning breath. We were home by 9pm where we were greeted with what did you buy us. Dang we forgot the souvenir's.

It was an adventure...not...more of a hassle, but we made it through. Wednesday before we left I was trying to finish up some photo's. All day I worked on this, but didn't have a chance to post it....so hear you go....

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the doctor and therapist both thought Taylor was making good progress and that the surgery was effective, that has to be a moral booster. right now, my moral booster would be to see a week of sunshine! I ask for so little! Enjoyed your video, oneof these days I am going to have tomake it to one of these birthdays - so many - so little time in between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the video for Crystal, what else am I going to do with 200 photo's of my great nieces birthday? I thin I will do Melissa's next, it was back in May but her mama would love it I am sure.

    I am actually creating a great collection of home/family video. Now I just need to figure out how to get them to play on our television.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a great party...would have been nice to know it was going on, but oh well it was for her and she was having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am working on putting my home movies on my ipod....really hard,you have to do a bunch of tweaks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad all went well and time was wasted...what more do we have to do with it anyway.
    the party was good and the invitation list was made up in attempts to promote Crystals family into coming...it did not work. The video is awsome and yes I would love one of Lous birthdayl

    ReplyDelete