Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Prep

We are patiently waiting the arrival of Byrd’s birthday so we can move into the Christmas sprit. We will probably start decorating on the 10th. Today JD asked me where I stored the Christmas lights, I was so excited. About six years ago I got JD talked into hanging lights on one of my HUGE spruce trees in the front yard, at that time we talked about each year trying to get anther tree lit up. Those lights are still hanging on that tree, and the rest of the trees remain un-lit. Very year we add another strand or two to the one that gets lit but it never reaches the top of the tree.

This winter I had the pleasure of seeing how our neighbor, Larry, lights his spruce tree. I told JD and how easy it was and he went and had a few words with him, I am under the impression they weren’t good ones. So today when he asked where the lights were I was so happy. He found the lights and proceeded to light the ice rink in the backyard. I guess something is better then nothing. When I mentioned this to JD he went out front and hung a few strands. What a great man…now I wonder if I buy more lights will my tree be lit???

Winter break won’t come until the 22nd for the kids, so I still have time to do my shopping (which I have not started). My cards aren’t out yet, I am still hoping for the opportunity to do a family photo, maybe the cards will be in the mail by Friday.Heath and Erica have found a home of their own, in South Birchwood, a fifteen to twenty minute drive north of LA. Tonight they packed up and moved out, but they forgot Rugar, the poor ol’dog.

I had a job interview last week, for a special education teacher assistant. I am hoping I get it, but believe it will go to the gal that interviewed before me, she is already working at the school.

8 comments:

  1. I wrote a three page comment - your new blog program, Alpha Blog Eater, ate it! I want my comments back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were such good comments, now I am the only one that will ever know! If you should happen to find them, will you post them for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought our Alaska school system were trying to unite and go on the same schedule. Our schools break for Christmas on the 15th - since the Peninsula kids go to school a week less, those that mean they are smarter than those kids in LA? I forsee a new Proud Parent Bumper Sticker, "My Kid Is So Smart, They Go To School Less Time Than Yours"

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do your smartass kids go back to school? HUH? our don't go back 'til the 8th of the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the little ones go back to school around mid January down here onthe peninsula. We did have a tragic accident over the weekend, a mother and her six year old daughter was killed in a car wreck just south of Girdwood. She went to school at Chapman. They were regulars at the store. That highway takes so many people each year. I do not know how they can make it any safer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an ICE RINK in your backyard? There was a guy here that did that while he lived here. He also had a big box of assorted size skates to pick from. Most people in Valdez don't own ice skates. But after our weather so far this year you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well its a small rink...kid sized. Hopefully the rain and warm tempurature take way all of our progress.

    ReplyDelete