Saturday, December 09, 2006

Byrd

Yesterday was Byrd’s birthday, (I would have posted sooner but I spent the day making death masks with her class mates) my baby is now NINE, I wonder where all the time has passed. Seems like yesterday I was calling my mom letting her know Byrd was coming a day ahead of schedule. The doctor had us scheduled for a Tuesday delivery when Byrd decided she couldn’t wait another day. Mom was going to join us so she could watch Rose and Tay while I was in the hospital. Shane and Dana were in LA Christmas shopping, thankfully, so they watched my other two while mom drove up. JD was working at the hospital replacing/ working on their washer and dryer (not your average sized washer and dryer), he sat with me all day so he wouldn’t miss a thing…I tried to get him to go back to the laundry room to get more work done but he refused. I mean how convenient…I was in Labor and he didn’t have to miss any work….also he was annoying me…just staring at me….we were both so bored… this labor was a snap, especially after I got over the pain they cause when they released the slip stitch tying my cervix closed (cerclage) . Ladies there is a reason for labor pains, cervixes aren’t meant to go from 0 to 7 in 30 seconds flat.

Yesterday we hade the family over for pizza cake and ice cream…. Okay so it was my family, Heather, Hunter, Valette, and the Sargeants…but how much closer could you get to family. Today we are expecting 8 little girls to come over and go ice skating….but not until they shovel the ice rink. We got a lot of snow last night…right after the rain.

They week has flown by I was working on Christmas cards but still haven’t finished them up…I have been doing some shopping….but have not bought any Christmas presents...I have looked at Christmas trees but have yet to buy one…I think this week was meant to sit back and watch. Yesterday was fun I went to Byrd’s class to help make Death Masks (like the mummy’s wore) I have never had such a quiet volunteer job at school, with all their faces covered on casting material, no one could talk let alone see or walk. I was a little nervous being the one responsible for making such a treasured keep sake especially when I noticed who was working beside me….a very talented clay sculptor, a fellow classmate, we spend many hours together in the dark room playing with freeze butt (Mr. Hunts Photography class…perves), our brothers were best friends… Anyway I am thinking I will make face castings with my girl scouts and along with that I may go use Mr. Kriks (it was odd telling kids to go talk to “Mr. Krik”) pottery room he has a kiln and everything!!

5 comments:

  1. A fresh posting is like a good cup of coffee inthe morning, can't believe that little one is having another birthday! Give her a hug for me. We got the same snow as you did, Heath pulled in during the thick of it and then we sat around an visited until the early morning hours. In the event you missed, also got a fresh blog from the truckler this morning, he is in Beaver, Utah, again! Sounds like you are having a full day with eight girls and an ice rink - can we spell liability insurance? Have fun and enjoy it to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Byrd! Sounds like a lot of fun. Even clearing the ice rink:)

    I'm with you on Christmas shopping and mailing out cards. I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets see....in IE the page is lad out funky... Lets see if i can comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see if it works for me now>

    ReplyDelete