Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fall Is Here

Well hello again…I know that this is beginning to be a problem…me not bloging on a regular basis…but I am trying. I could be like Bossco who never writes us anymore. With the new school schedule I can‘t play first thing in the morning and by the time the girls are gone I am out of my bloging mood. I am working on a schedule and hopefully it will include more bloging time and a JOB.

Girl Scouts has also started. I have been writing parent letters, calendars, and planning out our year…another thing to blame for lack of bloging time.

We have house guests…I am not sure I have told the internet yet. My brother and sister-in-law, niece, and nephew are staying with us. They are in the process of moving upto the big city and we are their transition home. They can also be to blame for the lack of bloging time.

My girls, nephew and niece are all settled in school and getting back to the school schedule….sometimes I feel like a nag…but when the schedule is in place life is so much simpler. The kids now get up eat, pack lunches, and get dress with hardly any fight. Butch even takes baths. After school it’s straight to snack, homework, play time, dinner, playtime, and then bed. Even the dishes are getting done. The schedule is working out and we are learning to live as a 9 member household. I am not to sure the neighbors enjoy the extra dogs….but we are working on that.

Butch (my nephew) has a habit of picking on my girls. He follows Tay around saying “DR. phttp *insert raspberry here*” ...this is creating a huge problem for her. With Rose he sits n the couch and kicks at her, not hard, just enough to annoy her. I ask them casually “Now you sure you want a brother?” they both reply “NO…at least not one like him.” I just giggle and tell them that is the only model available, Model #005 annoying little brother.

Poor Sissy (my niece), my children think she is a baby, yet she is only 10 months younger then my youngest. Finally Sissy called Byrd on it, she really told her off. Hopefully my girls will pick up on the fact that Butch and Sissy have parents.

I found a great deal so I picked up an extra bike the other day. I was hoping Sissy would see everyone else doing it and just start. It didn’t work but she loves Tays adult sized tricycle, so if it works for her it works for me.

Butch has been riding his bike to school everyday. The first few days of school that was the main motivation to for going to school. Hopefully once winter hits we can get him to give up his bike. This morning while walking to school, the first fall leaves are starting to pile up in the gutters along the road, the nice fresh kind the ones not quite crunchy. Butch was riding his bike and was a few houses ahead of us. He stops lays his bike in a neighbors yard. The next thing we know is rolling in the piles of fallen leaves. After seeing his enjoyment we all could not resist stopping to play.

9 comments:

  1. It is so good to see you on the WWW again, I kept checking but finally decided I had lost your address! My grandson is riding his bike to school! Yike, why can I see parents make regular visits to the principal office? If you get tired of all five of the kids, send them down for the weekend - we would love it and we even have leaves to play in! In his defence, do you realize what it must be like for a young boy to be surrounded by four girls! As an adult male, it would be difficult for me to be around four adult females in the same room! But, he is also a con, I understand that after training his grandmother, he has now trained his aunt to make him his daily portion of "Warm Hot Coco", the kid is smart. It is a great day out, get out and enjoy the iqfwo sun so we do not have to listen to everyone crying about the iqfwo rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun has been nice, lately, with the hint (face-slap) of fall in the morning hours. I hope the cougar kitten survives the winter on a leash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had fall colores for a few weeks now, beautifull colors and fall smell in the air! glad to read your post thanks for the update we have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not read your blog yet! I swear! before I opened my mouth and made tears. Sorry again. I know it can be difficult to change your ways when you are used to thing s being one way. Good luck! you are very brave and very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rain, they are calling for flood warnings down here as well as inthe LA area and Mat-su valey - your altitude is only 352 feet so I would be worried if I were you. Did you know that you were at 61 degrees, 11',19.90 North and 149 Degrees 44',33.77 West. If you put that into the GPS unit in your car, you will always be able to fiund your way home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I blogged earlier today, I hadn't even seen your post yet. In fact I haven't been online much at all latly.

    How great to hear Heath is moving up. I got a good laugh when I heard your house is their temporary transition home.... Sounds familiar! Speaking from experience you guys are great caretakers for homeless family bums. haha When we had our turn it almost felt like a 2 month slumber party - we had a great time with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is winter going to be here before your post a new blog? You know, I am just teasing - I know you are very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GAWD! Ya teasin' bully! She probably doesn't read her comments, either, but she would take offense to the heckling.

    So - when's the next post? Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am here and i am reading....and if you don't be nice I won't post again until snow is on the ground.

    Actually a posthas been sitting on my desk top for two days...its so boring i haven't had the guts to post.

    ReplyDelete