Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Puberty Stinks!

As a teenager, my mother would step into my bedroom, get one sniff, let me know I needed to fix that (aka clean my room), and leave again. I am sure she would come down to communicate about something much more important. She would get one whiff, forget everything and would get out before the smell could penetrate her. I used to think she had an over sensitive smeller. Now I think, I was equipped with a defense system similar to a skunk. As a parent she presented a danger to my teenage social life and social appearance; in defense my body would use its defense trait to keep any adult far away. How do I know this..... it is hereditary!

That's my theory and I am sticking to it!

7 comments:

  1. What goes around comes around :) Pay backs are great! :) What can I say - That's why having grandkids is so great! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi is a "Skunk", do I have to have a new vision and change you from the Wolf to a "Skunk", seems that vision is now available. Noticed your mother wearing a new winter coat the other day, complimented her on how nice it looked on her, come to find out it was her "skunk" coat. Wite stripe and all. Heidi is a "strutin stinky skunk" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did that happen all the way through high school, or more in middle school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad... You are the skunkand we all know it. Quit trying to pass it on. Your female campaniaon even darns the colors.

    Mom.... that's exactly what I have been thinking!

    Friar...Middle school...by 8th grade I figured what a shower or maybe it was the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Skunkie, did you know that all of your FVS (freguently visited sites) do not always show the most recent postings. I visit your site occasionally and always check your list to see whom has posted recently. For instance, HITW never appears as having new postings. Oh, by the way thank you for putting up a new post. Thought we had lost you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I grew out of my Skunkiness... and you won't! hahaha!

    There is something up with the coding on the HITW site...that blogger doesn't like. Something about the feed. Valette's is doing it also. EH site is now using the blogger tools for that information. Maybe I will switch back to the old way... if I can remember my password!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your calling your kids skunks! hehe...never thought of that one...but oh so true.

    ReplyDelete