Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fragments of Life

Last Saturday, some friends of mine and I crashed Bartlett High School 20 year reunion. I am sure if I would have gone to my brother's reunion (in Homer) they wouldn't have been so old, but these people were OLD. It was fun playing "What were you in High School!", especially since they grew up in the 80's ...there were the old Cindy Laupers/Madonna's, the cheer leaders that didn't fair to well, the lady that moved to Homer (I spotted her instantly), the stoner chick still wearing the leather, the Jocks all had beer guts, and, as it should be, the nerds sat with us! The parents of one of my Girl Scouts were there, I swore they were MUCH older. Now they know I am a lush that hangs at Bernie’s Bungalow Lounge , and that two lemon sours and a glass of wine is way to much for me.

I took the girls and the neighbor boys to Goose Lake, we finally got some July sun. Everyone else was either busy or had sick kids, so it was just me and my crew and the hundreds of other families that took the opportunity to enjoy the sun. I was a little bored, as the kids ran off to play, I wanted to, but couldn't get the guts up to be a stalker and take photos of the people enjoying the beach (my Flikr account needs some new photo's). Someday I will get the guts up to take photo's of strangers....but I did get these of my own kids.



  • As soon as I took that one of Byrd, I thought of Bay Watch.

Today is my birthday, I think I am going to use that to my advantage and ask that the chores get done! I am wondering what I want to do, but I think the plans are being made for me, or maybe is my plans are will be around the important events...like payday, and play dates. Tonight it will be just us and cake. Tomorrow, it is boat races at noon and the Harry Potter Book release party all night. Saturday maybe a BBQ before the x-brother in-law leaves, maybe the weather will be nice and we can do it out of town. I would love to take Keith out and get him drunk for his plane ride home (lets see if we can get him wasted enough he will be so loud and obstinate to the flight crew they will land early to 86 him), maybe a babysitter for Saturday is on order!

Shriners called to day to tell me Taylors bike is coming, when I stated I wasn't expecting a bike, I found that Herb meant to call Taylor Mac... not Taylor Mc... Darn it!! Last night Taylor took STEPS up the stairs using mostly her right leg, so today I took her wheelchair so I could "Wash It" ...lets see how see does with only using her walker today. Is that child abuse? cause I feel really mean. Lucky the monster with-in is sleeping, I got away with it, so far.

Oh did I tell you I am the Brewopoly Champion!! After kicking Shana's family butts last Friday, I proceeded to whoop my kids butt (and my husbands) last night!! Now my kids really know to much about beer.

Whoa... after reading this through (and yes probably missing still more grammar/spelling error), if someone didn't know me, it would appear like I have a drinking problem. Hmmm... really its only socially, July is just really social and I am just really bad at typing and spelling.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday by the way. Those school reunions can be good for a persons self esteem. The gaps between the in and out crowds sure does narrow. How come Taylor doesn't blog on her site. Look forward to seeing you all again. Maybe in September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Heidi! oh and happy payday! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes. The birthday queen looks better than most her age so one would think a 20 year reunion WOULD be fun
    to one whose age is treating her well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She happens to be referancing her older brother High School age groupe as "old"!!! and I am assuming i should consider myself "old" too after that...but...I am not old...only my class mates did that.
    Sister I am looking forward to the next 20 years with you by my side...we can really start getting into trouble now that the kids are aging too....as for Brew-opoly I found some pubs and Bars...cool colored ones too....and if you lose the playing pieces...I have cute colored cars...we can "drink and drive!" Call ya later...loves...oh look you just signed in...coming to find you....sisssssstaaaaaa.....ooops sorry got ta open MSN......hellllloooooo... oh ya maybe I should leave Blogger.....hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did you find time to take all the kids to Iowa? That must have been quite a day trip. Was their Goose lake as good as the one in Anchorage? Check out the Goose Lake link on your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just trying to throw the stalkers off my trail, and you now ruined it! I wonder how nice it is in Iowa?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like July 19th was just yesterday, how fast time flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time sure does fly, wonder where all the time went. Oh yeah Harry Potter is occupying any free time I have. Whats is your excuse dad, you had no kids the last few days.

    ReplyDelete