Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wasteful Spending

Daily when I drop my youngest of at school, I see a city or state employee blowing snow off of the sidewalks. This has been going on for more then two weeks, and we haven't had that much snow. Last I saw him there wasn't any snow to move. I do appreciate that the city is now keeping the side walks clear, but usually when I see him he is stopped, reading, I assume he stops for the safety of the children walking to school. Why am I paying him to sit there, he could just start work after nine. I've come to terms with that... maybe I don't know something, they do.

BUT today I saw the sidewalk plow, was FOLLOWING the sander.... come on folks I am paying the sand guy and buying the sand just so the plow guy can blow it all in to the berm, so the land maintenance guys can come sweep and rake it out of the grass come spring!!!

Imagine of we ran our households that way??

3 comments:

  1. AMEN! I was thinking the same thing when I was checking out CHelsea's tree. BTW it is now a bush. It was vandalized..we dont think a moose split it as low as it is....anyway.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calm down daughter, that is one of the promises. A promised made is a promise kept! That is your new stimulus package working, they are putting people to work just as he promised, it does not matter that it does not make sense. The box can be checked that three people are going to be employed regardless of the cost, even though it makes no cents! Like the play on words?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your site down for repair? Never mind, your site corrected itself.

    ReplyDelete