Wednesday, October 24, 2007

There is a mutant running around my house. I have seen him once, but he was faster then light. An inch if not bigger. I can hear him, his voice echoing, louder and louder everyday. I hear him in the walls as I sit to pee, is he in the bathroom? the furnace room? or the laundry? a tunnel through the walls? There's no one there to answer, there no answer when seeked. It's been days, it gets louder, angrier, thirstier, hungrier...will it eat me in my sleep? or just drive me nuts?

Speaking of bugs, did you know one pound of worms eats one pound of garbage in one day? I heard it on talk radio.

It's just me and the frog at work, he say hi every time I walk by, I think he has a crush.

It snowed and then it rained and then it snowed and the roads were slick and there were rollovers all over the Glenn Highway, and I had a nip of anxiety when I arrived at work. Not like the anger the bus driver felt for having to do 60 miles an hour with the rest of traffic all the way to Eagle River. Or the angry bus driver that tried to pull out onto Northern Lights in front of me at 8am with roads so shiny you could watch the sunrise, in another hour. What is it with me and buses? Is it time for them to get revenge? Isn't there a statute of limitation on Karma?

Dang cricket is driving me nuts! I wish Matilda the frog knew how to retrieve.

5 comments:

  1. I know a ol'lady who lost a crickett...she turned free the frog to catch the crickett...she turned free the mice to catch the frog...she turned free the cat to catch the mice...she turned free the weiners to catch the cat...then came Barley to sit on his butt and wonder WTF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could bring home a "rattler" to catch your bug, but he neds complete freedom to roam about, especially at night - they love bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He/she moved over to heater by our bed, yesterday morning. He drove us nuts last night. Then this morning ...NOTHING. Peace and quiet! I think there is a very large dead cricket laying around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A rattler would be OK. Tay has been wanting one of those to feed the dachshunds to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a new cricket, by the way...

    ReplyDelete