Sunday, April 15, 2007

My List

I have almost taken care of a months worth of errands and chores in this last week. I ...
  • finalized our flight plans... we leave April 29 early morning, arrive in Portland 4:30pm, stay in a hotel that night. Motion Lab testing noon on the 30th, hospital check in 2pm. Surgery (Bilateral Distal Femoral Osteomy's and Distal Tibial Osteomy's) 9am May 1st. Our return flight has not been planned due to the fact the insurance company's will not approve the flight until they know we are covered for the month of May. So it is really up to them if we get home or not.
  • two GS meeting this week. With one we have no lesson plan until the morning of and the other involved leaving the GS with parents, making mothers day gifts, while the leaders enjoyed a bottle of wine and some good ol' fashion bitchin'. We got little planning done but my task list shortened. My goal this year was to learn to delegate. It just took dealing with major surgery for me to let go.
  • two volunteer expeditions. One to CostCo to buy stuff for Bean's Cafe' , $100 will buy 42.37 Size#10 cans of green beans. The other one we will go clean the Bean's Cafe' facility. The girls (11 year olds) wanted to serve dinner there, but Bean's will not allow it until they have proven they want to be there, work your way up from the bottom. I really like their policy, so cleaning it is.
  • two year end parties, one swimming party and one awards ceremony.
  • 1/3 of a of two major GS camping trips. Who's gonna do what and when is a pretty major part.
  • GS bridging, bought costume for the aloha theme and made candy leis.
  • two SWAP (Special Whatchamacallit Affectionately Pinned) making parties. With 5 hours yesterday and 7 little girls making hundreds of the same mini art projects. They made it through.
  • gathered gazillions of supplies for my two girls to make their own original SWAPs. We will begin that project soon.
  • planned two encampment training meeting for the girl scouts. Tent set up, storm lashing, sanitation, dish washing, safety at encampment, and expectation from the girls and leaders.
  • got an Rx and renewed the 4 month outdated handicap park tag.
  • purchased $400 worth of badges and awards.
  • planned the last two GS meetings
  • The best Sarah in the world is going to find me 20 -5 Gallon buckets.
  • I called, fought and won with the car insurance gal over the price they are charging, I do I know more then everyone else?
  • I have been talking with some medical supply suppliers to get some stuff to make the month of May easier for everybody, the only thing they couldn't get was the Valium. Hopefully, the insurance companies will approve it before we leave. That stuff is spendy, I would hate to have to buy it myself.
  • Researching a new little project to exploit the talents of a loved one.
Next week... more GS stuff... half days of school, parent teacher conferences, buy new rolling suitcases, start gathering stuff to take, buy new lap top so I don't have to share a computer at the hospital or another memory card for the camera 2 gigs may not be enough, plan what we can do between 5pm and 11am on the 29th-30th, some site seeing is in order. We could visit the Grotto or Pearl District or 24 hour church of Elvis or Oaks Park or Portland's Rose Garden or Oregon Zoo or OMSI. The bad part is most of them close at 5:30 so we may need bail money.

7 comments:

  1. Well that is a list of done's!! It sounds like two of my days!! Well good luck fonishing up what needs to get done, Im glad I could help! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this and she feathered my babies...oh wait that was gave feathers to 4 babies...now my house is feathered...but they are pretty colors. Man I am tired just reading your blog....guess I will go take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do need a hobby to take up some of your slack time. Might want to add onto your list of things to do after May 1st to to make up a "To Do" list for your mother, you know she will just sit around and watch tv if you do not make a list of chores that she is responsible for. Take a breather and take a little "Heidi abd John " time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decaprio is that a Swedish name? Good to see something from you, now I will have to go back to your site to see if you have a new posting - I have read the last one from a year ago a total of 234 times! Miss you and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandma always said "a busy person is a happy person". You must be estatic!

    I'm thinking the Portland Rose Garden. But will they blooming by then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the roses should be in bud stages...but the daffodils and tulips will be brimming over the fields in color right now...the only thing I really miss about the states...long road trips to somewhere...and the acers of flowers growing in the road side fields in the spring...

    ReplyDelete